Chinese Oakleys

minor_LEGEND

Senior Retro Guru
Those damned Customs & Excise bandits have seized my counterfeit import sunglasses from China.

I've been waiting for a month now & then a nice letter arrived on my doormat today explaining what they have found addressed to me. I guess it's the risk you take buying such items, though obviously there is nothing to hint at such risk on ebay.

I just wanted to vent my frustrations. Anyone reckon I stand a chance of recovering my funds through Paypal? (the cost of the glasses were reduced the day after I paid which annoyed me slightly also)

Yer pays yer money and takes yer chances...

...unusual for something from the Far East to get snagged by HMRC though?

Bottom line, no not a snowballs chance in Hell :|

Yeah it's tempting to try my luck again what with the lowered offer price...... On the other hand I might just go out & buy some real Radars tomorrow. They might get some use before winter LOL.

I've never had any issues.
The last pair of noakleys that I bought arrived last week. I was worried, as ebay had pulled the listing after I'd paid, but they turned up right on time

If I recall correctly sellers are not liable for any action taken by customs, therefore PayPal are unlikely to assist I'm afraid mate.

I wouldn't wear them, personally. There is no guarantee that the lenses are shatterproof or safe. Frankly I'm not prepared to gamble my sight on saving £70 or so.

Anyone buying nasty Chinese shite deserves every pain that their dodgy workmanship can inflict on them.

There's plenty of genuine brands available at lower cost if you can't stomach Oakley prices. If you want the quality/look/kudos then pay for it.

Counterfeiters are parasitic scum. And the buyers aren't much better. I hope you don't see a penny back.

Where do you think they come from in the first place?

I bet you think all your expensive brands of food come from different factories to the 'own brands' too don't you! :roll:

My point was clearly about counterfeits as per the OP. As you know but chose to ignore.

There's a world of difference between Chinese factories producing items to US/EU standards for Oakley, Apple et al and some back street spiv churning out copies with no control whatsoever.

Oakley used to make a big deal about 'Made in the USA', although that may have changed since I bought mine/paid any attention. Either way you can be sure their QC will be as stringent as before. Having spoken to various opticians they are quite rightly strict on who they work with, for fear of damaging the brand.

Back