motorhomes

Don't worry it is perfectly normal.

Worry when you start to flick through caravanning periodicals at the doctor's.

When I was a kid we always had an RV in the states and over here a large motorhome with a workshop at the back for our scramblers.

First thing I did when I went to live in London as a teen was acquire a VW Kamper and have rarely been without a camper of some kind since.

Liking much bigger wagons now, with all the extra baggage we have.

I also keep looking at motorhomes, but that's because I am unfortunate enough to live, work and travel around the South West of England, so spend a lot of my time trying to safely overtake these leviathans of the road.

It seems there are two main types of motorhome owners; retired gentlemen who are now taking it easy by cruising the highways and byways of the UK, enjoying their leisure by ambling slowly down quiet country lanes.... blissfully unaware that the rest of us still have to work for a living, and would rather like to get to our next meeting THIS WEEK!

The other type of owner, seems to have confused his expensive purchase of a motorhome with his actual desire to blow a large wedge of his retirement lump sum on a Ferrari, and has decided to drive the former as if it were the latter. Having a five tonne house on wheels tailgating my little VW Golf at 70 M.P.H prior to launching their F1 like overtaking manoeuvre is an 'interesting' experience. :shock:

I would like SAAB Toppola or this 92h >>

saab_husbil_1-thumb.jpg

I have not only a vintage choice with bikes :)

At this point at the moment , not shure what to go for tho
Wifey wants the Hilton on wheels , me I just want a 2 berth with room for maybe my rd350 , but defiantly a couple of mtb's
Quite like the talbot ones , the rear doors make a lot f sense for carting shit about
Quite like the romance of a vw tho
Any advice greatly listend to tho

Campervan mike

A motor home is a comfy wee hoose with an engine and wheels, a camper van is ..........well a van with a bed in it. Go motorhome if you've the funds, no street cred but a comfy place to stay and usually lots of clever wee cupboards etc.

joe careless":2ykjsy2u said:
i keep finding myself looking at motorhomes, mildly worrying I'm only 38 but they do look comfy. :facepalm:
I'm 38 too, last year we hired a 6-berth camper for a week and it was fab. It was only me & the wife so perhaps that size was a touch OTT :)

IMG_1562.JPG

A nice van is a lot of money though, so unless you're definitely going to use it say, at least once a month all year round I think you'd be better off hiring as & when. Insurance, tax, servicing etc. will all add up.

You also need somewhere to park it when not in use of course.

If you want an enormous motorhome you could do worse than import from the US. They go for no money over there once they are twenty years old plus.

Meanwhile there are some classy winter projects out there for decent prices..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mercedes-814d ... 2a2fe2b936

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back