Car hire issue - advice please

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Early last October Vinia and I visited Tuscany (the excuse was l'eroica). We hired a car for the week long stay and everything went very well.

Today I received an invoice from the company that took over the one we hired the car from. It's for 36 euros and is apparently an admin charge for passing on my details after an alleged traffic offence. Attached is a copy of what looks like an undated police report although as it has a very heavy watermark I can't read it. Plus it's in Italian. But what I can make out is that it appears that there is a fine of 76 euros to be paid but I've no idea what for (or in fact if I am reading it correctly). Looking more closely, the invoice from the rental company is dated 1st May 2013 and my credit card account confirms that payment has been taken.

10 months on I'm at a bit of a loss and would be interested in any thoughts/comments from the Retrobike massive.

It's better than being unexpectedly arrested for non-payment of a fine next time you visit Italy...

...as for the admin fee, that is covered by the agreement you made when you hired the vehicle. The fact it is a different company is the same as debt recovery firms 'buying'outstanding agreements from lenders.

Back