No such thing as road tax

I drive classic cars as well that are VED exempt and frequently get similar comments about the audacity of using the roads :roll: :evil:

this whole 'road tax' thing is boring me to tears, the way I see it most car drivers who have the attitude that they are the only ones that are legitimately allowed on the road wont listen to any form of reason, be it the ved 1937 argument, or my car is faster/bigger/more expensive than your bike so get out of the way attitude that some have. its got nothing to do with transport choice its all about invading someone else s perceived space, the same car drivers that give us crap about being on the road will give another car/lorry/bus/caravan/alien mothership the same crap if they are being help up. people just don't like to be delayed whether its by 10 seconds by a cyclist or 10 miles sat behind a hgv on an a road at 40 mph and lets be honest, who hasn't complained about them?
other than me of course as I never get help up, my high horse rides over everything :)
the long and short of it (getting to the point) this argument will never go away as the people its aimed at just aren't interesting in arguing it.

Cars that produce less than 100g/km of CO2 don't pay this "road tax" either. Should they be kicked off the road too ?

Cars that produce less than 100g/km of CO2 don't pay this "road tax" either.

No, kick everything off the road that produces more. :D

Seriously though, why are we still producing vehicles that aren't ultra efficient? Nobody needs a 500bhp behemoth to drive the kids to school, get to work or pick up the shopping, they are only for vanity and disrespect for other "lesser" vehicles/people goes hand in hand with that vanity.

Latest posts

Back