Camper Van Beethovering

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Went to look at an Iveco van earlier today. Electric passenger door. 2.8 Turbo. Needs lots of cosmetic welding but the chassis is solid and the engine is 120k and on the button. Recently serviced by mechanic owner with some new tyres and brakes sorted all round. Exhaust is mint, and drive all feels tickety boo. Ex Parcel Force.

Lots of potential full 6ft wide for bunks and 6ft plus height inside, fibreglass roof so lots of light already inside.

Last on the road last September, asking just £200 to me trade.

Here is a vehicle I could shove £2k into and make a blank canvas into something special.

..or I could just scrap it after vacillating for a couple of months, at a profit!

5zgo6a.jpg

4.5M in the back on the driver side.

Just wheel arches and sill on one side, non structural, to sort for MOT.

Yes. I have done a load of conversions over the years, but mainly Merc and VW.

This is kind of like a Raleigh build, if it happens. Sleeper style, collapsible chimney and such.

have helped with a few on transits, want to do my own when i eventually pass car test, saw one of a iveco being done where the rear bed was raised and had bike garage/storage underneath it, few small solar panels ontop wich were barely noticeable (probably not your thing) plent of space in there......
never seen a collapsable chimney on one though.

ohh i see. i was toying with the idea of just getting a swb transit 2.0 or something similar, and doing it like a lorry cab sort of thing, bed behind the drivers seat, microwave etc under bed or something then bulkhead between that and rear loading space so i could still put my bikes in there.

would have to get full test done though.
any pics of your previous ones? really interested now :)

Back