You got a F***ing death wish?

I get why theyre upset but jesus was there really any need for all of that, they should of slowed abit instead of hitting him, but then I guess he could of just hopped onto path for a bit and wait for them all to pass, that's what id do anyway

How on earth did the Police reach the conclusion that the cyclist was partially to blame? The Highway Code clearly defines the space that should be given when overtaking a cyclist, the cyclist certainly shouldn't shoulder any blame for his actions of taking a primary position through a pinch point where as demonstrated there is evidently not enough room to be safely overtaken. What hope have cycling commuters got if the law fails to protect them in such a clear cut case?

They were in a Peugeot hatchback so it may not have been obvious to him that they were part of the funeral procession. In the space of 4 seconds they sounded the horn shouted at him and then hit him. Not much time to processe what's going on and move out of the way really, is it? In my opinion he was 0% to blame. I'm suprised he stayed so calm I'd have been boiling over if they had done that to me and then treated me like that.

JamesM":1hzlbqtz said:
In the space of 4 seconds they sounded the horn shouted at him and then hit him. Not much time to process what's going on and move out of the way really, is it?
True. And he was entitled to be where he was on the road. He was in front of the car which hit him, and it was the car driver's responsibility to overtake safely, or not at all. There are far too many drivers who seem to blunder through gaps that either don't exist, or which are far too short, small, narrow or otherwise inappropriate for their intended actions.

Irrespective of what the police were reported to have said about liability, if that had been me, I'd be putting in a county court claim against the driver for any damage or injuries, and letting a district judge decide who was to blame. There is no excuse for dangerous driving, even if the driver was on the way to a funeral.

With video footage of so many incidents being put in the public domain on sites like youtube etc these days, I'm surprised as many people still make total fools of themselves on camera.

Just realized, that Peugeot was a 306 wasn't it ? One of those pulled out of a petrol station into the side of my car a few years ago. The driver said I was in his blind spot.
Wasn't the 306 fitted with a front windscreen ?.

Yeah I can't see how the cyclist was to blame there...

the other week there was a spot on "current affairs how (aka sensationalist media BS show), which was about how cyclist were getting hit by cars etc, so that was a good thing.... but the bit of footage they decided to use was some block flying down a road, approaching 2 cars, stopped, indicating and turning left, first car turns, guy flys up the inside of the second car as it turns and goes over the bonnet, wasn't liek the car had just passed him and turned in, these cars were up the road and stopped and he just flys up no braking, was always going to end badly you could see what was happening and 100% the cyclist fault...so thats what they used. sweet.

Back