14 year old girl commits suicide because she was bullied

Chute55uk

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
so this girl sadly kills herself because she was being bullied online after asking for advice about excema and self harming.
first thing her dad does? puts it on f**king facebook :facepalm:
R.I.P. Hannah Smith

:cry: Thats so sad :cry:

I remember what it felt like too, I was insistently bullied at school from 5 to 16 when I left and then at college both physically and verbally, at college some lads stripped my top off to see if I had tits and no teacher/lecturer or parent seamed to give a f*ck. It's a hateful place to be.

RIP

Alison

i was bullied, physically and verbally. proper conniving little c*nts, i would have loved to have beaten them senseless, but i just wasnt made of those kinds of minerals back then, i just didnt react to it - and didnt think me returning the gestures would have any dampening effect. it didn't really stop, but it never really stopped me from learning. I did walk out of school one day (3 1/2 mile trip home on foot at the age of 10). that was my worst day.

if i had the mind i have now, back then, i would have done something maybe a bit too irrational - and possibly wouldnt be in the position i am now, so am thankful for the way i dealt with it.

but of course, bullying creates complicated emotions, and at that age, you just dont know how to handle them, so in those few instances, something tragic happens like this.

either that, or the opposite happens, and the victim ends up hurting multiple other innocents (past events in the US spring to my mind that can show you this).

either way, bullying is one of those stomach churning subjects that (particularly as a parent who suffered at the recieving end of it in their past) you hope to hell doesnt happen to one of yours. i literally wouldnt know how to handle it - not in any rational sense at least. it makes my blood boil. the thought of someone putting a single hair on either of my sons head's out of place takes me to a dark place indeed!

My Grandad was a bare knuckle boxer in his day. When I was getting bullied at school in the early 70s he came up the school at closing time, made me point out by nemesis and his Dad, and my Grandpappy walked across and snotted his Dad on the nose. He then informed Dad that he was going to enjoy a repeat performance every day for as long as the bullying continued.

Suffice to say i was never touched again.

Chopper1192":3ql6kmo3 said:
My Grandad was a bare knuckle boxer in his day. When I was getting bullied at school in the early 70s he came up the school at closing time, made me point out by nemesis and his Dad, and my Grandpappy walked across and snotted his Dad on the nose. He then informed Dad that he was going to enjoy a repeat performance every day for as long as the bullying continued.

Suffice to say i was never touched again.

i sometimes think i was born in the wrong century.
those days of 'dealing with shit' are long gone.

twain":3rid0jds said:
(3 1/2 mile trip home on foot at the age of 10).

Sorry :D Had to mention it, but I used to walk that after school from he train station every day all year, mostly down a lonely lane, horrible in winter when it was dark, scared me to death when I was 10, even when I was 15/16 too.

We even had a flasher once and although my mum did mention it to the police I still had to walk home, I would not do that to my winkles.

Alison

videojetman":3dm49n2s said:
so sad when a person takes their own life.
bullies pick on the weak. bullies are spineless.

or do they pick on those mentally strong enough (who are often physically weaker) to stand out from the crowd who makes the bully's question their own choices?

Back