fines for taking kids on holiday ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i want to take a holiday next year with my family.
i have a 12 year old at school.
does anyone know if there is a fine for taking my child out of school in term time ?
the prices of holidays during school holidays is vastly different from term time.
has anyone had any experience with this issue ?

different measures by different schools, lots on web on impact as well, generally really frowned upon otherwise everyone would do it..........

Usually depends on local education authority and then whatever spin the school want to put on it. We used to take my daughter out of the last week of school up until the age of seven and then stopped as we didn't want any adverse effects to her education. In reality a lot of schools wind down for the last week anyway so not a lot to lose. In the last year the school have adopted he policy of a social services report so a lot less from are doing it now.

Tell them it's for a religious event, that way they'll find it hard to say no. Pref a muslim or a Jewish one. I expect they don't learn that much at school anyway, towards the end of term, they'll be too busy with taking down wall displays and SATS and things.

I think I heard somewhere theres a cap of £100 for the fine, I took my girl out and asked for the material that she would miss and they refused to give it to me. if you refuse to pay the fine they might threaten to take you to court but it would probley cost to much.

The difference between in term and out of term when we plan our holiday is around £800.
And that is only 3 days difference. :shock:
Probably worth paying a fine if only to save the extra expense.
Although the holiday firms know how critical the school holidays are,
and put a huge premium on those dates.
And its been well over 15 years since we have had a proper holiday, so this is well over due,

You going after September 30th this year..........the rules change on that day and taking children out of school for holidays is no longer a head's discretion thing and will be reported.

Shaun

having family abroad I will probably have a problem with this rubbish sooner or later. not sure how they can enforce this anyway

Midlife":28ua6nzh said:
You going after September 30th this year..........the rules change on that day and taking children out of school for holidays is no longer a head's discretion thing and will be reported.

Shaun

I think a lot of this is to do with schools performance figures,
It really it is a sad situation when a parent is made to feel like a criminal for wanting to take a well deserved vacation.
I suppose i could have another nervous breakdown and end up in the brooker centre. ( the local mental health hospital )
Or i could just not worry and spend some quality time with my family.
I prefer the latter myself.

Latest posts

Back