National Fish Supper Prices!

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Inspired by al's Fat Chip Posting - I'm doing a quick survey on Fish & Chip prices across the land.

Here (Oban) a standard Haddock & Chips (colloquially known as a Fish Supper) will set you back around £6.50 upwards and unfortunately not be of great quality, despite the briny lapping at the side of the western pavements. Serious outlay for a family of 6 too :cry:

If I go to Dunoon I can get similar for arond £4.50

Best quality/flavour I've had was from the shack on the pier at Tobermory at approx £6

What's the story elsewhere?

:D

Around £4.50 here (here being a small place in the middle of Lincolnshire), depending on size of portion of chips/fish. We've two chippies and both are pretty good.

Mmm, fish & chips.....I want some NOW :shock:

Last we had was at the locks at Fort Augustus. Around £6 a head, but you could have served three off each fish!

Charlie's Chippy in Inverness is around a fiver and is excellent too.

La Mirage in Helmsdale is excellent but I can't recall the prices. Actually brought it in from the boat for them in the past and had it as fresh as you could. Joyous.

Chippie on Gloucester Road in Kensington; small cod and chips, £12.50... :shock:

...tasted like shite! Stodgy, undercooked batter, tasteless fish and manky chips; I only bought it because I wanted to see what was so good about £12.50 cod'n'chips...

...absolutely s*d all; I threw it away!

Best I ever had was in Boston, Lincs; oval steak plate and the fish still hung off both ends! Fresh from the local fishing fleet with light, crispy batter, and the chips were damn good too :cool:

Mr Panda":2jcai6ja said:
Inspired by al's Fat Chip Posting - I'm doing a quick survey on Fish & Chip prices across the land.

Here (Oban) a standard Haddock & Chips (colloquially known as a Fish Supper) will set you back around £6.50 upwards and unfortunately not be of great quality, despite the briny lapping at the side of the western pavements. Serious outlay for a family of 6 too :cry:

If I go to Dunoon I can get similar for arond £4.50

Best quality/flavour I've had was from the shack on the pier at Tobermory at approx £6

What's the story elsewhere?

:D

I am totally jealous that you are within such easy reach of Mull (home of my father, my fathers father, my fathers fathers.......).

Down here in sunny Weston - by- the- Mud I paid £10.40 last night for a double cod with large chips. They gave us so many chips that there is a full portion left over (reheated chips... yum!).

We will be in Watchet in a couple of weeks, at the little chip shop just along from the harbour and will pay just under a tenner for double cod'n'chips.

Haddock is always more expensive than cod down here, so £4.50 is really cheap, although the cost of the petrol from Somerset to Dunoon may offset any saving... plus the chips would be cold by the time I got home.

about 5.50 in milton keynes. most of the chippys are shite and the only real decent one the guy sold up and now that is shite :(
gobsmacked at stevo's 12.50!!! how could they sit there and straight faced ask for 12.50!

£10.80 for 'two large fish, one large chips' to be shared between the missus and I.

Often the queue is out the door so always fresh out the fryer but not consistent in tastynessness

1x cod + chips and 1x large haddock + chips cost just over £10 from my local the other day. Think standard cod + chips is £4ish.

Best I ever had was in Boston, Lincs; oval steak plate and the fish still hung off both ends! Fresh from the local fishing fleet with light, crispy batter, and the chips were damn good too :cool:

As an ex-Bostonian I'm going to guess that you were eating in Tates Fish & Chip shop. I used to go riding with the owner's son, who had a Marin Palisades BITD when I was on a '90 Lavadome.

Latest posts

Back