Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:41 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Somerset
I guess this is still a work in progress but:

the ego search is only present on the main forum page, so I go there between posts instead of directly to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23177
Location: Retrobike HQ
gtRTSdh wrote:
I guess this is still a work in progress but:

the ego search is only present on the main forum page, so I go there between posts instead of directly to it.


As intended.

You might want to upload your avatar here, the offsite link is broken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Somerset
John wrote:
gtRTSdh wrote:
I guess this is still a work in progress but:

the ego search is only present on the main forum page, so I go there between posts instead of directly to it.


As intended.

You might want to upload your avatar here, the offsite link is broken.


I assume lots of people use the forum in that manner, is it not going to drive up the server usage?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:19 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23177
Location: Retrobike HQ
gtRTSdh wrote:
John wrote:
gtRTSdh wrote:
I guess this is still a work in progress but:

the ego search is only present on the main forum page, so I go there between posts instead of directly to it.


As intended.

You might want to upload your avatar here, the offsite link is broken.


I assume lots of people use the forum in that manner, is it not going to drive up the server usage?


Good of you to be so thoughtful. However hosting a few avatars is of little consequence. Page loads times will be hurt more by offsite images which are slow / broken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:45 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:29 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Somerset
Fixed my avatar :-). I was referring to the ego search in terms of people clicking through the main forum page instead of directly to egosearch. Am I sounding egocentric here?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:47 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23177
Location: Retrobike HQ
I'd be surprised if an extra click made any difference.

Are many missing the ego search?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:20 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23177
Location: Retrobike HQ
Another change to header, footer and sidebar. I'm sure many will complain but needs must, we are showing fewer ads now (but more visible I grant).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:01 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Posts: 2705
Location: nuneaton warks
John wrote:
Another change to header, footer and sidebar. I'm sure many will complain but needs must, we are showing fewer ads now (but more visible I grant).


Keep it up john, you will soon crack the history man and have him sat in the corner crying like a baby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:09 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 16945
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
:?


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 60.23 KiB | Viewed 106 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23177
Location: Retrobike HQ
If anyone notes any issues please lmk. Far as I've tested seems fine.

Thinking of a newsletter soon....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group