Rubbee - turn any bike into an electric one!

Sir Clive Sinclair came up with that idea many years ago and it was both noisy and rubbish. I think his were called Zeta. Possibly the rubee has a quieter motor and better battery but I doubt it will be any more effective !

No idea how to stop it in a hurry! As far as I could tell they just brake normally, they certainly dont seem to reach down for a switch or anything?

This certainly seems efficient, the chap riding it in the first clip seemed to be whipping along nicely and the dh guy certainly had some speed about him, but I agree that I cant imagine it is incredibly efficient and I still think ir would just eat up tyres. Still want a go on one though for a laugh!

re: videdao ^^^^ what is the point? you have gravity and pedals to help you go downhill - I would have been more interested/impressed if he had ridden the bike up those steps.

xerxes":sa3pyouf said:

That's what I was thinking. I can clearly remember Mme Bertillon, the mother of the family in my school French book, had a motor on her bike that could be engaged with the tyre when required. That was in 1980 and there was no suggestion that this was in any way unusual.

I had a theory about motorising my bike by fitting a battery to the bottle dynamo. :LOL:

Back