Man dies in bike fall

It is indeed very sad but if you're riding somewhere with lots of exposure the risk is always there. Unfortunately, these are also some of the most spectacular and rewarding places to ride (or to walk, for that matter).
There are a quite a few cliff-top tracks around here that I regularly ride where a small mistake would result in a 200 foot fall to the sea and rocks.

According to my wife it's stupid and irresponsible of me to ride places like that.
She's probably right, she usually is.

Bloke was from Holmfirth, a friend of a friend of a friend.

Very sad day indeed. :-(

BTW, you can never give too much money to the Mountain Rescue, make sure you put notes in the collection tins, not coppers.

Some years ago in the early 80's I remember seeing a horse and rider go off the edge on the Peak District hills!

Christ did they make some noise! Luckily they both got up and lived to tell the tale.

A few years ago I knew someone who fell off a cliff and suffered major fractures in her legs and hips, she was walking with her other half when she fell, did he run for help? No he jumped after her :roll: they were both rescued, both sustaining major leg injuries, she was left with horrendous scars on her legs.

Alison

Isaac_AG":1gmk4uxa said:
A few years ago I knew someone who fell off a cliff and suffered major fractures in her legs and hips, she was walking with her other half when she fell, did he run for help? No he jumped after her :roll: they were both rescued, both sustaining major leg injuries, she was left with horrendous scars on her legs.

Alison

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Back