Is this the right room for an argument ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Whilst the majority of threads contain jovial banter mixed with mildly heated debate, I have noticed that there seems to be an increase in combative, negative comments leading to, in some cases, what appear to be aggressive arguments at best and at worst trolling.

I could be wrong. Feel free to disagree but I would prefer civility. It seems that no matter how threads start they can degenerate fairly quickly........
This is the first and last forum I shall join as I like the attitude and welcome of those I initially made contact with. My warm feelings towards those members remain. (Even you chopper)

Just feels like its going t*ts up.

Discuss

Re: Is the the right place for an argument ?

I spend little time on here these days, as I too have found things can get too serious far too quickly.

This is just my opinion.

al.

I'm probably to blame for that. I don't spend enough time here nowadays.

Lately I always arrive at the scene of an argument the day after someone else sorted it out.
Other times I keep looking for the right words to take control of the situation, fail to find them and eventually decide to leave it to other mods.

Maybe I should step aside and leave the moderating to people who do have the time and linguistic skill.

Decorum, its something which I try to maintain.

Its a rarity these days :(

Hi al!(wrong thread) And thanks for your view. I'm only new so what do I know?

Not a pop at mr Bull but I see little sign of moderation in both senses of the word. Only on the 'another fatality' thread have recently seen intervention.

Hard to judge and a thankless task I'm sure.

The History Man":faeftded said:
Hi al!(wrong thread) And thanks for your view. I'm only new so what do I know?

Not a pop at mr Bull but I see little sign of moderation in both senses of the word. Only on the 'another fatality' thread have recently seen intervention.

Hard to judge and a thankless task I'm sure.

New :shock:

2378 posts :D

In 5 months. I like the place. I'm a bit OCD and soak up tips, info etc. hence my concern when you start reading a thread and then it gets hijacked by an apparently petty squabble with a bit of history elsewhere. You can often track the tiff from thread to thread.

You think it's bad here, try the forums over at whichreligionisbest.com. :D

The Retrobikers i have dealt with and pmds for various stuff and have met in person have been spot on :cool:

That means the odds of me meeting a 'right cucumber' are increasing :?

As a newbie/probational Mod I find myself holding back from rolling my sleeves up and getting stuck in :twisted:
I mean one does like to set a good example :roll:

:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back