I hit a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koupe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
No, not like that :p

Coming around a tight corner in the village last night, I 'encountered' a young lady, walking along studying her mobile. I now have a very small but quite colourful bruise on my shoulder, so I dread to think what her face looks like this morning :shock:

In fairness, there's no pavement on one side of the road so it's awkward for pedestrians, but if she'd been looking.... I stopped to see if she was OK, but she scuttled off with her friend (presumably a bit embarassed). I think I might have copped her in the stomach with my brahmas as well :oops: oh well, at least her legs didn't encounter my V12s :twisted:

Braking wasn't the issue, I just (stupidly) assumed she wasn't going to walk straight into me. Being as there was at least a 15 foot gap for her to walk in, and I was trying to negotiate a road junction. Fortunately for her, I was on a bike and not in a car, otherwise she'd have a lot more than a bruised cheekbone to worry about.

So you were 'coming round a tight bend' presumably with little or no visibility, on a narrow road with 'no pavement on one side' in a village where you may reasonably expect there to be pedestrians but you still had time to 'assume she wasn't going to walk straight into (you)...'

...all whilst trying to negotiate a junction?

The result being that you hit her in the face with your shoulder hard enough to bruise yourself (!) which would, in itself, suggest you weren't exactly pooling along admiring the scenery?

Did you expect sympathy when you posted that on here then?

We_are_Stevo":26i44ead said:
So you were 'coming round a tight bend' presumably with little or no visibility, on a narrow road with 'no pavement on one side' in a village where you may reasonably expect there to be pedestrians but you still had time to 'assume she wasn't going to walk straight into (you)...'

...all whilst trying to negotiate a junction?

The result being that you hit her in the face with your shoulder hard enough to bruise yourself (!) which would, in itself, suggest you weren't exactly pooling along admiring the scenery?

Did you expect sympathy when you posted that on here then?

At the same time she knew where she was but chose to concentrate on her phone instead, i would say this was a 50/50 situation.

Koupe":3qgc3s5u said:
In fairness, there's no pavement on one side of the road so it's awkward for pedestrians

Does that mean that you knew that there was no pavement, you knew that it's awkward for pedestrians and therefore, by inference, knew that there may be pedestrians?

Koupe":3qgc3s5u said:
I dread to think what her face looks like this morning :shock:

I hope that you have adequate insurance to cover the injuries and any damage to personal property that the pedestrian sustained.

I'm with Koupe on this one - we had any 18yo working for us a year or so ago, after a few near misses with heavy plant on site, I decided the safest course of action was to make him leave his phone in the truck when we went to work. He would have got himself killed, for the sake of a text or fb update. Although saying that it was very funny watching him walk straight into the washing line whilst looking at his phone in the bosses back garden.

Kids are f*ckwits with phones these days, maybe she'll have learnt her lesson now.

'FFS!' doesn't come into it...

...no riding responsibly, no anticipation, no respect for the locals!

What if it had been an old biddy; a one-legged war veteran in a wheelchair; a young mum with a pushchair; a deaf blind person with a guide dog, a couple of horse riders; or better still, a builders skip!

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back