What courier?

pompeydave

Retro Guru
Morning all :D
I suspect this has been asked many times but I'm wanting to sell a few frames and wheelsets from the mancave.Can anybody recommend a courier company please? Some of them seem to have restrictions on dimensions.I'm just after something simple that doesn't involve 'faffing' around.
Thank you!

If you want simple no faff then for bikes I would use senditnow.
Otherwise for bikes/frames I would use either parcelmonkey, parcel2go.
For smaller parts myhermes or royalmail.

I would suggest trying interparcel.com,you can get a quote online.They seem to work by comparing all the various carriers and give you various quotes according to carrier.It is amazing how prices vary from carrier to carrier.I sent out three parcels in one day and they were collected by UPS,Citylink and TNT!

For components I use interparcel and parcel2go

For frames and bikes I use senditnow (this is ParcelForce service) as it doesn't have size restrictions as such, only a weight is asked for, and the price is always the same, unless you up the insurance cover. Never had a problem with this service, and you can even arrange same day (or within-the-hour, if you get online before about 2pm that day) collection for no additional cost...

Thanks for these guys. I tried and tried to use Senditnow as they just had a weight limit and no specified
size. It is utterly impossible to use them online (I tried IE, Chrome, Firefox, I downloaded new version of Acrobat...). Basically wasted several hours of my life - Don't bother !

Finally gave up and used Interparcel (using City Link). Cheapest quote was Night Freight thru Parcelmonkey but worried about dimensions (would be 3x price if box was 5cm bigger and I wasn't packing !).

MADJEZ":toeaaloo said:
Thanks for these guys. I tried and tried to use Senditnow as they just had a weight limit and no specified
size. It is utterly impossible to use them online (I tried IE, Chrome, Firefox, I downloaded new version of Acrobat...). Basically wasted several hours of my life - Don't bother !

I've never got their site to work either. It's rediculously stupid!
They are building a new website apparently but it's not going to be available for months!

Try myhermes. Used and received stuff with no issues so far (about 10 parcels) you set upan account, ring off labels and eiher get it picked up or drop with an agent shop.

I have sent about a dozen frames/wheelsets through senditnow all good and happy with them....just never Yodel!!!!!

Doug

Latest posts

Back