why is everyone against froome?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Is he or is he guilty for asking for extra input? I know it was not physically empowering but probably psychological, that's why we have placebo's, just feeling you have some input however small can make you feel invincible however the mental the real effects, he felt he needed it desperately, I have no objection to the fine it was a point made and a point taken, a couple of day's ago Boardman was criticising him, he never got this far before, there is even speculation on the news he could not be this good without taking drugs and he's under the shadows of Lance Armstrong since it's the 100 tour. Is it because he's Kenyan and not born and bread English? I don't know but even the Brits on here seam to be speculative about him, is he lying and answering according to board behind him? am I the only one who wishes him well?

Come on Chris be our second Brit win :D that's what i say

Alison

alot of people just don't like team sky, in the same way that football fans don't like man utd, it's the biggest team etc, also they are still a young team and for them to dominate in the way they have been annoys the european teams.

also i get the impression that the europeans themselves consider the tour "theirs" meaning the winner should be (in order of preference) french, spanish, italian but what has happened in recent years is english, australian, spanish, american, and they were predominantly won with drugs, lance, floyd, alberto for example so the fans see it as they have been cheated by other countries riders, they seem to forget about their own dopers.

that said with froome, i think he is considered boring. but also people now just assume that the riders dope in someway or another.

it was sad that at the irish corner there was a banner with "froome dope" written on it.

Lets not forget he already has pedigree as he came 2nd in last years tour, and 4th in the Olympic road race, as well as 3rd in the Olympic time trial. So why is everyone saying that he has no form :?:

I was one of the few who never fell for all of Lances BS right from the start Journeyman, super-domestique , cancer, then unstoppable superman never did add up to me and I guess the proof of the pudding.......................... :twisted:

What else everyone seems to be forgetting is that it was once de rigueur to send athletes to Kenya to train at altitude so that when they got back to Europe they had that extra advantage...

...Froome has been doing this his whole life so of course he's going to be good :cool:

As for Armstrong, he was competing on a level playing field so I don't know what all the fuss was about; just like Arnie, you never heard any other Bodybuilder say the only reason they lost was because Arnie was on steroids so he had an unfair advantage! :roll:

I don't think people are generally against him. Just his persona, especially compared to wiggo is a bit dull.

I'm sure hes not, and he can easily change his public image, just takes a bit of time.

Surely they get tested after every race? but he is fighting the European flag as well as the British and it seams the British are more set against him than any of the European community, according to the highlights a French paper was very complimentary, better than the bloomin Brits are, we are determined to destroy the man who is fighting for us just like we did with Zola Budd because she wanted to run but could not because she was South African :roll:

Alison

Do you know his real secret? Coffee! Kenyan coffee beans.

Laced with anaerobic enhancers.

Just like Man Utd, there are far more for than against, even amongst non fans.

C'mon lad!

Froome froome!

xxnick1975":gheoqimx said:
I don't think people are generally against him. Just his persona, especially compared to wiggo is a bit dull.

I'm sure hes not, and he can easily change his public image, just takes a bit of time.

So is Jack Dee that's what makes him popular, just because he's not crying and over emotional doesn't make him unworthy, to even complete the tour last place is an amazing feat :shock: I think if you win under your own steam is amazing and until prove otherwise as far as drugs, you should be applauded for that feat!!

Alison

The thing is when Wiggo was wining it was all Wiggo, Wiggo, Wiggo just like Murray and he's now Sir Wiggo, I don't think Froome would get lavatory janitor status if he won by seconds or by an hour, he'd be Froome the doper what ever the result :facepalm:

Alison

Jack Dee is never dull. Just sayin'! Sullen, sulky, acerbic, sarcastic, grumpy, irritable, exasperated, fed up, pissed off, angry. Never dull.

Froome is an athlete doing his best.

Call it the Andy Murray syndrome if you like, but thanks to the media spotlight it seems you can't just be a great athlete these days.

Latest posts

Back