Fat and mad does not agree with summer

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Oh how I'd like to just get into a t-shirt and shorts and cool down over hot days, but been fat makes shorts ride up between your legs and look stupid, I have only seen this and have not the courage to try it out myself, and madness has left my arms in such a state that everyone would now if I exposed them, so I have to look Victorian and be covered up from ankle to neck :roll:

Something I was wondering is, I have to do the pots and of course my children pass by, I got fed up with every thirty secs they wanted to say something, I'd roll down my sleeves and talk it would take hours to do the washing up, now I just do it they never question, but my arms are worse than the average harmer, I've practically no tendons in my right wrist and dips where there is no flesh left, my kids know about me, in fact before hospital my GP asked for a social worker to attend the house and she came and said to my children, I'm a friend of your mother's my response was " Do you know anything about children?" and said to my children "She's a social worker come to see if I'm a fit parent" they went off and played :roll: Children are not stupid, they know if you have friends or not :roll: why lie? but I hate exposing things but do you accept your children's knowledge and acceptance of the past or do you try and hide it for their sakes. I think they accept things but it is impossible to discuss it.

I just want to strip off and be cool, " You stupid woman you!!" I imagine I'm not the only one but usually it's teens, as my last GP so many times told me.

Alison

Alison

Get some long baggy shorts. Who cares what people think? Get a lightweight cotton long sleeve shirt if you are not going to be doing serious miles if you really must cover up. Just get out and do what you want either way.

Funny there is more advice on here than I've received on many psychological/depression sites I've been on :roll: is that because madness generally results in retrobiking? shit I feel so crap I need an XT 737 rear mech and a ride out into the sticks :D

Alison

There are plenty of tech/sports materials you can use to keep covered up and not boil alive in as well. Just need to find them!
Stuff like microfibre is quite good. And as mentioned above, thin cotton can work.

The other alternative is to just ignore other people. Who gives a f**k if they judge you.
Anyone who is worth knowing won't judge you for it, and anyone who does judge you isn't worth knowing.

mattr":3fexob57 said:
The other alternative is to just ignore other people. Who gives a f**k if they judge you.
Anyone who is worth knowing won't judge you for it, and anyone who does judge you isn't worth knowing.

Might put this in my sig.

I have to cover up 100% of time. Will be cycling today in bib shorts covered by ron hill bikesters and an long sleeved elastane mix base layer as a snug shirt. It wicks away moisture really well. It can be done!

By the way there is absolutely nothing wrong with not looking like a hungry cocain taking model. I have a close friend who works for a clothing designer and he is surrounded with all these near to death starving girls. I can tell you from first hand experience there is no joy in that direction to be found.
You are right exactly the way you are. Everyone on here knows you are a wonderful person. So it's really time to love yourself. No need to be insecure.
Most man would saw off their own hand to get a girl like you. That's a fact. Period.

juice":1aajxvjf said:
By the way there is absolutely nothing wrong with not looking like a hungry cocain taking model. I have a close friend who works for a clothing designer and he is surrounded with all these near to death starving girls. I can tell you from first hand experience there is no joy in that direction to be found.
You are right exactly the way you are. Everyone on here knows you are a wonderful person. So it's really time to love yourself. No need to be insecure.
Most man would saw off their own hand to get a girl like you. That's a fact. Period.

:D Awwww!! that's one of the nicest things anyone has said to me, thank you :D

Alison

I was shopping last night and I overheard a 'large lady' comment that she wished she had the figure to wear clothes more suitable for the current weather conditions than her standard leggings and sweatshirt... I couldn't help but think that if she laid off the pies, she'd be able to.

Was that assumption based on her having a basket full of pies?

There are a number of reasons for people putting on serious weight. One of my best friend's wife recently was seriously ill and has put about a third of her body weight on as a result.

Interestingly eating disorders are equally shared between the sexes until late childhood, when external influences come to the fore.

Then the misogynistic nature of society applies, and women are criticised on just about every level throughout their lives.

Back