Fun Car. Talk to me!

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK, so we've got a sensible car for getting to/from work and for travelling to see family etc.

Now I'm on the lookout for something relatively cheap and lots of fun to drive at weekends and on sunny days off!

Fuel economy isn't really a concern (to a point - no 75 litre American V8 nonsense with 3bhp thanks). Something small, light, and agile would be nice seeing as I've got the AMAZING heads of the valleys road not too far away from me. Age isn't important either. Some of my favourite cars of all time are creeping up on the 20yr old mark now ;)

This thread could be entirely pointless if I can find a nice R32 Skyline ;)

Oh, and my theoretical budget is below £3k, preferably taxed and insured although that's not set in stone (especially where Skylines are concerned).

Suggestions, GO! :D

You could do a lot worse than and early MX5 if you could live with the hairdresser image thing. Like a reliable MG!

The History Man":1sdgragi said:
You could do a lot worse than and early MX5 if you could live with the hairdresser image thing. Like a reliable MG!

The MX5 is well and truly on the list in my head ;)

I didn't realise how cheap RX8s had become either, although that may be for a reason :?

My dad used to own a black first generation MX-5. We always referred to it as "the Miata" (or "Mia" in short) because of the Miata badge next to the MX-5 one. I guess it kinda stuck with me.

Back