When will it bloody end with motorists attitude ??

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
With the Tour de France on TV it's setting a few wannabe fast cyclists out
there and they are rushing out to buy a bike and pretend they are in the TdeF.

Well I was talking to a 14yr old lad who had just got himself a road bike
because of the race and the day after having it and riding on the road,
abuse was lashed out by a car driver, telling he has no right to be on the
road as he doesn't pay road tax!! This scared the hell out of the young lad.

I very much doubt that this c*nt/t*sser of a road user was unaware that he was threatening just a 14yr old lad :evil:

Ian.

I'm pretty sure his argument is invalid.

Car tax is based on engine size/vehicle age/emissions isn't it?

If a cyclist emits no emissions (besides the odd air biscuit) then, like a car which emits zero emissions, they pay £0 tax?

Lets not get this thread going on about VED/tax as we all know about it but for many drivers they see cyclists
as tax dodgers and to be quite frank I'm sick of the whole attitude from drivers and its about time something
was seriously done against these muppets who have a licence to drive.

Ian Raleigh":2p75mx91 said:
Lets not get this thread going on about VED/tax as we all know about it but for many drivers they see cyclists
as tax dodgers and to be quite frank I'm sick of the whole attitude from drivers and its about time something

:cry: I'm one of those muppets with a licence and I have no objection to cyclists on the road, better than the crapply maintained cycletracks, and I don't think they should pay road tax and I always give them loads of room when I overtake :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":1twnxtdd said:
:cry: I'm one of those muppets with a licence I always give them loads of room when I overtake :D Alison
Alison I give cyclists a wide birth to as I have a licence to drive but I'm not a muppet :LOL:

Ian Raleigh":32f5yres said:

I'm on your side :D

Did the lad do anything wrong which would have caused the car driver to lash out, or was the car driver just one of those a**eholes who has a personal vendetta against anything on 2 wheels?

Ian Raleigh":1qxk9i2u said:
Isaac_AG":1qxk9i2u said:
:cry: I'm one of those muppets with a licence I always give them loads of room when I overtake :D Alison
Alison I give cyclists a wide birth to as I have a licence to drive but I'm not a muppet :LOL:

No, I don't think I'm a muppet either. But let me digress to another kind of muppet, I've just nipped to take my son to town forgetting about a delivery so I'm trying to rush back, at speed limit of course, pass two tractors before the duel become a single carriageway, which I'm pleased about, only to be stuck behind a car doing 40 in clear and safe 60 limit and then slowing to 35 at the corners that you could take at 90 with risking no more than 6 points on your license :roll: not that I'd recommend that, got back with 4 mins to spare.

Sorry a bit of a hijack :oops:

Alison

Being a motorcyclist as well as a car,van,lorry and cyclist, I have long felt the way to a car licence has always been too easy. Personally I feel that it should start off with a scooter. This would teach spacial awareness, consideration for others and the vunerability so few car drivers are aware of.

From scooter they should progress to a car with an engine size no bigger than 1.0 for the first 12 months to teach them roadcraft. Only after the scooter and first 12 months to a small engine should they be allowed free rain. It might also help some of them with insurance.

This route would very much sort out those who want to drive and those who are able to drive. This should apply to all ages who are considering a licence for a vehicle.

Latest posts

Back