We made the move from London to Wales (and new Spooky)

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
...and I don't think we'll ever regret it.

We moved to our new house two weeks ago and aim in the the next year or so to get some cycling specific accommodation up and running.

We're just north of a town called Bala so right between about six trail centres and also amongst some very fine natural riding.

After twenty years in London (the last six months of which had been particularly stressful with a mix of serious family illness, a LOT of work to do and the usual house selling and buying nonsense) the move has left us feel totally renewed. Our only major gripe is the owl that keeps us awake... I'll deal with that. We've got a driveway that's like one of the prettier Flandrian bergs and a field at the front which is destined to become some kind of pump track.

I can honestly say that for the first time in many years (and paerhaps ever) I am really truly happy. Obviously, you can all have a laugh at my expense when this all goes totally tits up in six months.

I also bought another damn Spooky. I don't even know what model this one is I just knew I wanted it.

Anyway, a few pics from the front of the new gaff and my apologies for the smug tone. I don't think I wear happiness well.

Attachments

• ty hen 005.JPG
    ty hen 005.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 1,005
  • ty hen 004.JPG
    ty hen 004.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,005
  • ty hen 003.JPG
    ty hen 003.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,005
  • ty hen 007.JPG
    ty hen 007.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • ty hen 011.JPG
    ty hen 011.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 1,005
  • ty hen 014.JPG
    ty hen 014.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,005
TheGreenRabbit":npz1z3cq said:
just wait till it starts raining . . . . . . . . and never stops.

Even though it rains a lot here, he'll always have incredible fresh air and heaps of space...

Welcome to Wales / Croeso i Gymru!

Really happy for you, it looks like you picked a nice spot :cool:
I pass through Bala a few times a year due to some ongoing site work in Barmouth. I pay have to pop in and look at the view :D

TheGreenRabbit":1oxxwy0t said:
just wait till it starts raining . . . . . . . . and never stops.

Ah...but the view is always awesome even when its shrouded in mist.

As they say, if you can't see the mountain its raining, if you can see the mountain its gonna rain :D

if you need an on site mechanic...i'd like to move back !......lovely area, just watch the locals if you go drinking in Bala (seriously) ( unless u is Welsh decent ).........i lived a bit south in Corris and ran a bike shop in Dolgellau.......yes it will rain, but look where you are......i miss wales rather a lot. Good luck with everything......don't forget motorcyclists like accomodation too !

Looks great.

There is certainly more to life than London. I'm there three days a week at the moment on secondment to a client and hate it. I just don't think I'm destined to be a city boy.

We've just come back from a week in Peebles and I'd up sticks and move there in a heartbeat just to have quick access to some fantastic countryside. Work for me would be easy for me because we have an office in Edinburgh. I just need to persuade the other half. Even when the weather wasn't great the views were still ace.

There's a nice hotel on Lake Vernwy where the landlord is a bit of an artist and the walls of the tea room are covered in his 'interesting' work. Thoroughly recommend it! You lucky chap. Lived and worked in London for years. Don't miss it. Nor will you.

Now get a 90 or a 110 and explore!

There's no such thing as bad weather. Just the wrong clothes

Back