Games in F1?

KDM

Senior Retro Guru
For no other reason than I'm bored. Has anyone else noticed how Lewis Hamilton has been moaning about the Mercedes car not being good enough since a vacancy at Red Bull was announced?

I hadn't thought about it, but the wee blond wimp won't want him there, so Red Bull would be best advised to look elsewhere or Vettel might be off sooner than they had hoped.

I have noticed that Hamilton's hairline is receding very quickly, while Raikonnen has a full head of bushy hair. No Head and Shoulders ad deals for Hamilton, and no Red Bull drive for him either, cos as minted they are they still won't want to get.dragged into a legal battle with the industrial might of Mercedes.

In any case, next year's engine, energy recovery, chassis and aero changes are probably the biggest ever single change to the technical regulations and the deck is going to get well and truly shuffled. This will be what breaks Vettels reign, not.another driver.

highlandsflyer":372k2k7p said:
I hadn't thought about it, but the wee blond wimp won't want him there, so Red Bull would be best advised to look elsewhere or Vettel might be off sooner than they had hoped.
I had a chuckle about that-it's not like Hamilton is a burly strapping guy either, is it? Most all F1 guys are on the rather small side. I think there is too much artificial regulation in F1 and would welcome a Formula Libre concept-Run what you brung-with maybe some minimum weight limit only-That would be exciting!

I don't even know what height he is, I meant he is kind of weedy. Alonso is shorter but he has a great physique.

There definitely is much too much interference from the management in F1, all in the name of making it more competitive they have actually made it very restrictive. As soon as a team comes up with a new idea they put the brakes on it.

This is what will stop the smaller teams overcoming their financial deficit. Trying to reign in the amounts teams spend is futile.

Google says Lewis is 5'7" or so-maybe 5'9" by one site---Vettel is similarly listed on various sites as 5'7" to 5'9"--I tend to believe the 5'7" figures myself, as there is a pic of Shumacher-listed at 5'8.5" standing with Vettel and he is clearly taller...

Unfortunately they are limiting RPM to 15,000 next year and limiting peak fuel flow to 2/3 of what is allowed now, plus giving them less fuel for the whole race-they are also making them lower the nose in front to 185mm off the ground from the current 550mm to limit front downforce-It won't be like in the 80's when they had 1400 BHP for qualifying, either. I think they will be slower than this year's cars, at least initially. The only gain I can see is the KERS system will have 161 BHP instead of the current 80, and it will last for 33 seconds per lap instead of 7.

Chopper1192":1hgoee8a said:
Perhaps a dual championship like the old days, but instead of 1.5 turbos and 3.5 19s have the new 1.6.s vs unrestricted diesels.

Nah - totally fed up with the fuel economy gig - and race cars should sound like race cars.

Get them running V10s again, maybe V12s - big fecking ones too. Wider tyres, and stop interferring with the spec so much, so that they are artificially interfering in the race. Tighter controls on aero. Reduce downforce, so smaller wings, and more tightly controlled on them adding bits of unsightly tat to the bodywork, but allow ground effects / venturi tunnels. Get rid of carbon brakes, and make them run steel rotors. Maybe even go back to true manual gear sticks.

Get rid of these artificial systems like DRS and KERS - if they're gonna use them, then fine - but if they're gonna have push-to-pass, let it just be allowing them everything from the engine, briefly. Still have the rules on engine and gearbox changes, so they're only risking their own reliability.

Bring back fuel stops - and tightly control the rigs to address any safety issues.

And if that doesn't do the trick, no more electronic throttles and mapping, and possibly ban power steering.

FairfaxPat":3mnyx04g said:
Google says Lewis is 5'7" or so-maybe 5'9" by one site---Vettel is similarly listed on various sites as 5'7" to 5'9"--I tend to believe the 5'7" figures myself, as there is a pic of Shumacher-listed at 5'8.5" standing with Vettel and he is clearly taller...

James Hunt was 6 1, same as Webber.

I guess the taller driver is unusual.

Good old Hunt The Shunt. They reckon he slept with 5000 women; and died of a massive heart attack at 45.

"His preparations were unconventional, to say the least. He had spent the two weeks leading up to the race on a round-the-clock alcohol, ­cannabis and cocaine binge with his friend Barry Sheene, who was world motorcycle champion that year."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -race.html

They just don't make them like that anymore.

Back