I'm impressed with myself

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Since October I have now lost 2.5 stone, the last half in the last few weeks, I am falling out of my old clothes but I'm not buying any more yet as I'm hoping to loose the same again, I'll just have to look like a clown for a bit :D I know it's not been a rapid loss but often rapid losses are rapidly put back on again, but cutting portions and booze has made a lot of difference.

Alison, the not not quite the chubster she was

Way to go Al...:cool:

I know only too well how difficult it is to shift the lard; I downloaded a calorie intake calculator and found out that to lose just 1lb a week I had to limit myself to 1978 calories a day, what with my sedentary job and no exercise...

...I probably had that in one meal if I had the 'Full Monty' breakfast at my favourite café! :shock:

Well I've lost 10lb in two weeks and dropped from 18st 3lb to 17 1/2. Still a long way to go but at least I'm finally headed in the right direction :D

(Cheers Rob BTW...)

Isaac_AG":1etki21j said:
Since October I have now lost 2.5 stone, the last half in the last few weeks, I am falling out of my old clothes but I'm not buying any more yet as I'm hoping to loose the same again, I'll just have to look like a clown for a bit :D I know it's not been a rapid loss but often rapid losses are rapidly put back on again, but cutting portions and booze has made a lot of difference.

Alison, the not not quite the chubster she was

Better to do it progressively - less change, tends to mean more sustainability.

Well done.

Well done. As already noted, slow and steady is the way to lose weight.

Drop 500 cals worth of food a day and burn 500 cals more through being more active and you'll lose 2lb a week without even trying :)

Nice one Alison :D
Once you reach your target weight go out a treat yourself to something nice/girlie to wear. Ooow one other thing dont get carried away with the weight loss cause I dont like cuddlin a bag of bones ;)

Congrats! Been riding? I've gone down a couple of dress sizes since I started again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 472
I am trying to get back to my fighting weight after a couple of years off the bike. The doctor has given me the all-clear to start doing serious exercise. Trying to get out on my bike at least twice a week for 3hr rides. The dry warm weather helps. Looking to loose 2 stone and get some of my fitness back. Finding it hard to cut back the food intake as I am always so hungry, especially after a ride. I just cannot stop eating and most of it is stuff that is not good for you. Need more self discipline!

REKIBorter":232qntzq said:
I am trying to get back to my fighting weight after a couple of years off the bike. The doctor has given me the all-clear to start doing serious exercise. Trying to get out on my bike at least twice a week for 3hr rides. The dry warm weather helps. Looking to loose 2 stone and get some of my fitness back. Finding it hard to cut back the food intake as I am always so hungry, especially after a ride. I just cannot stop eating and most of it is stuff that is not good for you. Need more self discipline!

My tip would be try to have something decent and fulfilling prepared for apres ride.

Once you've had something to eat, often cravings and appetite demands can subside. Problem is, after a lot of exercise, people can arrive home ravenous, and then tuck into snacks and other goodies, whilst they're preparing something decent to eat. If there's already something available that will keep you fulfilled for a while if you can have it pretty much straight away, it can often help. I find with appetite and a lot of hunger, some of it is speculative - almost the thought of it, more than the reality, addressed soon enough, and it can help you not go bat-shit crazy with food.

Often, during the week or when I'm on the go, that might be a protein shake made for after workouts - but that's just really a crutch of convenience, a decent meal already prepared would be the ideal choice.

REKIBorter":3bqp3ies said:

You really need to keep a food diary; another member on here very kindly shared his ideas with me and gave me the inspiration to kick-start my own weight loss...

...I have porridge for breakfast most days (strict 1/2 cup of porridge with a cup of water, two minutes in the microwave and you're good to go) sweetened with Agave syrup, usually a sub-200 calorie salad for lunch and a main meal of around 600 calories in the evening (I eat a lot of rice; a packet of Tesco/Co-OP/Sainsburys egg fried rice is less than 300 calories) which is usually something over rice; typically a tin of cheap chicken curry (just over 300 calories) mixed with a handful of frozen peas. Sounds disgusting but you soon get used to it ;)

You also need to drink plenty of water, or water based drinks (paying careful attention to the calories contained therein!); in fact, many of the times you think you are hungry so snack unnecessarily you are actually thirsty and a large glass of water can work wonders...

...really you can eat anything you want so long as you don't have much of it, but do watch out for/be aware of 'hidden' calories (Tescos sushi for instance; small 'taster' pack less than 200 calories - until you put the Soy Sauce on it that is! They don't tell you that!).

Back