Top Gear Is Just Like Cheers!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
When they sit around talking about all things topical, they sound just like the guys at the bar in Cheers.

Except there is no Sam. No Coach. No Norm. No Frasier. No Woody. No Carla. No Diane. No Rebecca. No Lilith.

Just three Cliffys, without the inadvertent humour.

How on earth can Top Gear make me miss Lilith?

Top gear is terrible.

Lileth on the other hand..... ggggrrrrrrrrrr.. woof woof.. pant pant!!

al.

If you google image search Bebe Neuwirth you get some 'interesting' results!

Steady......

Top Gear is a bunch of old darts talking bollocks aimed at the sort of young man who'd buy a Fester ST, or the slightly older gentleman who thinks it's cool to wear a Subaru rally jacket to the pub. Not remotely interesting or funny

I felt a tinge of schadenfreude as the plebby little shamster et al skirted around the issue of Warwick Davis' height, (them being the self proclaimed protectors of all things politically incorrect and 'daring'), only making a weak and awkward joke about it as he walked under a barrier, only for Jimmy Carr to get straight in with the joke none of the rest would have the wit to imagine, let alone the cojones to utter.

Chopper1192":du6zie72 said:
Top Gear is a bunch of old darts talking bollocks aimed at the sort of young man who'd buy a Fester ST, or the slightly older gentleman who thinks it's cool to wear a Subaru rally jacket to the pub. Not remotely interesting or funny

Well I like Top Gear, I've been watching it since the 70's and am none of the things you describe, I love the irreverent humour and I guess I've just been there for so long :roll: I kinda like Man Lab too I also guess I'm just not your average woman :D

Alison

As a petrol head & lover of all things automotive, for me Tg is on a downward spiral.
It's gone from being aimed at knowledgable drivers to kids & feckwits. Imo they have clearly run out of ideas, each series is getting worse. Every scenario or plot has been played out before. Still watchable - just.

I like James May's other activities. Clarkson makes a strong argument as a presenter when he is less self consciously aping the comedian he never was. He has made one or two interesting programmes as I recall.

I have said it before, but they need at least one female presenter and a lot more variety. These totally staged 'races' and 'challenges' are cringe worthy.

Much more about transport and much more about cycling and motorcycling would stir it up a little.

And how about giving the 'stars' a go in something like a Lotus Elise as well as the drearily priced cars?

Latest posts

Back