Posting Wheels to UK / Worldwide

unfit_for_xc

Retro Newbie
Evening all,

After a pretty awful experience trying to send a set of Spin wheels to Eastern Europe, I've had to refund the money to the buyer and hope they aren't too annoyed with me for messing them around. I'd quoted in the region of £55 based on a quote from ipostparcels.com. However, once the buyer paid and Paypal cleared, I went to go ahead and book the delivery but they will not accept the booking. I can only assume it's the odd size, basically a shortened road bike box but surely it's not that uncommon to send a bike box sized parcel? The box was 6.5kg and 112x21x80.

Parcelforce will not allow such size, and TNT quoted over £150. Does anyone have any experience of sending bikes/wheels and can recommend a delivery service?

Would recommendations differ based on whether they were going to UK, EU or further afield? TBH I might end up relisting and sending UK only, but any assistance would be great.

Apologies if this is the wrong place, feel free to move/amend/delete as necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Get yourself a proper sized box. Why do you need such a big one for a pair of wheels?
A double wheel box is roughly 65x65x30cm.
Parcelforce will take that, no problem, as will most other couriers, for £20-30
But, to where in Eastern Europe are you sending? Most won't send to Russia, for example, while Belorussia or the Ukraine are OK. Some countries have a reputation for parcel contents disappearing...

Back