Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:07 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:34 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I use them on my xc rig, never a problem. They are lightweight forks not downhill, I can't see any problems.

The bulk of the leverage should never get to the top clamp when they are set up properly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:22 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

It never ceases to amaze me what people think they can get away with on ebay.

I bought some Tioga handlebars described at 'uncut', when they arrived, yup, they had an inch cut off one end!

I got the refund I requested immediately. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:49 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Chopper1192 wrote:
The thought of triple clamps on a frame never designed for it fills me with dread. Full refund would be my position.

Sounds a bit duff. Unless your really wanting it id agree with the above and wait till the right one comes along.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:12 am 
Retro Guru

Put the claim in and request the seller to arrange collection !

Either that or speak to eBay about claiming postage back too and send it recorded to him as he has to sign for it , that we he can never say it never turned up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 am 
PoTY winner
PoTY winner

NeilM wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me what people think they can get away with on ebay.

I bought some Tioga handlebars described at 'uncut', when they arrived, yup, they had an inch cut off one end!

I got the refund I requested immediately. :roll:

Neil those might have been from me.
I did have a set I sold where I was told just one end had been cut by the buyer.
I guess I checked one end never thinking someone would be stupid enough to cut just one end.
Always do now though :lol:

I'm of the opinion the buyer is always right on ebay these days not worth losing my top rated seller status arguing. If its valuable I ask for a return but otherwise I just accept the odd lose.

I did get a whole bike sent to me with just a paper label on it. I was pretty shocked the courier even took it like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:31 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

onza100 wrote:
Neil those might have been from me.
I did have a set I sold where I was told just one end had been cut by the buyer.
I guess I checked one end never thinking someone would be stupid enough to cut just one end.
Always do now though :lol:

Quite possibly.

I'm not quite sure how you measure the width of the bars without looking at both ends, but then, 'the man that never made a mistake, never made anything'.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:45 am 
PoTY winner
PoTY winner

Me either but I managed it :lol:
Luckily my pleased buyer ratio out numbers my odd mistakes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:37 am 
Old School Grand Master

onza100 wrote:

I did get a whole bike sent to me with just a paper label on it. I was pretty shocked the courier even took it like that.

I actually don't have a problem with that; probably less likely to get abused that a box that can be picked up and thrown around?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 am 
Retro Guru

We_are_Stevo wrote:
onza100 wrote:

I actually don't have a problem with that; probably less likely to get abused that a box that can be picked up and thrown around?

If I'm buying a cheap bike from an unknown non enthusiast seller I request it isn't wrapped or boxed.

Less likely to get thrown, less likely to end up at the bottom of a heavy pile, and as there's sharp bits (levers, pedals) that could damage other parcels, its likely to be kept away. The handlers will likely wheel it around too.

I usually use the cheapest rate / dimensions of the courier, I've had bikes delivered for £8 before - my Orbit (see sig) came this way with some token card draped over it!

YMMV

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:07 pm 
Retro Guru

after finally recieving a reply to my message stating i had opened a case with ebay as the frame was described as "having a few scratches" yet had numerous paint chips, bubbling paint, dents and a bent mech hanger, the cheeky cow has turned round and said "what was wrong with the frame?" and that "i could have gotten all the information i needed from the photos" and that i SHOULD have asked her about the frame.
i was under the impression it was the sellers responsibility to accurately describe the item for sale?? :roll:

also, even though i've had correspondence with her, she still hasn't responded to ebays messages and as such it still says the case is awaiting the other members response
GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next