not another ebay nightmare!( seller refusing refund! help!!)

dav101

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
just a quick gripe about another ebay fiasco

bought an orange patriot off of ebay, it arrived today wrapped in nothing but the shipping labels and the tracking number penned onto the frame in a red marker!!!! WTF'in FFFFFF!!
needless to say i was rather shocked. it was advertised as having " a few scratches". understatement of the milennia IMO. bubbling paint in numerous places, a fair few nasty paint chips and 2 dents, a rather sizeable one on the right hand side where i assume a set of triple clamps have been installed with no bumpers and one under the swingarm. needless to say it's going to need a fresh lick of paint, decals etc. to cap it all off i can't even build it up to test the shock properly as the mech hanger is missing a bolt, aswell as it being all kinds of bent.
it's cost me £165 all in, and have asked for a £100 refund as it's going to cost me around £80 i think, going off what my mates have payed, for a new lick of paint and whatever else for a mech hanger, assuming i can get one.

rant over

Re: not another ebay nightmare!

Let us know how you get on. I got the price of a service off some Fox forks after they arrived with undescribed leaking.

I would personally ask for a full refund - given the difference between the description and the actual condition who knows what else the seller has forgotten to mention....

The thought of triple clamps on a frame never designed for it fills me with dread. Full refund would be my position.

Redynd as tthey say you could pribs get better if you hang round long enuf ... was the ad listed using txt spk?

Chopper1192":3iwuqdqi said:
The thought of triple clamps on a frame never designed for it fills me with dread. Full refund would be my position.

I agree, strong frames but not often used as intended.

i understand most people would just send it back and want a full refund, but the patriot is the only orange double sus frame in my price bracket and it was the only one available and still is after another quick search on fleabay, so i do want tto keep it really. i feel that i got it for a good price, had it been in the condition described, but now feel like i've been ripped. i'm just trying to be fair on my part, as if i can get the refund and have it painted, new hanger etc, so it would be in the condition that it was desribed to be in, i'd be quite happy. aside from the dents of course. i just hope i don't find that the shock's knackered when i finally manage to build it up
there'll be murders if it's the case :twisted:
will keep the thread updated as and when things transpire

Latest posts

Back