Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Terrible news about his health, but how will he be viewed by history?

I think the sum of a life is more important than the individual parts. Thinking about the history of the conflict in Ireland. For a certain part of the population a figure like McGuinness will always be considered a terrorist; but is it right to assign that label to people beyond their involvement in those activities, when they go on to press for peace and reconciliation?

Re: Mandela Critical Prayers With Him

It worries me that they're so desperate to keep him alive. Can they not imagine a SA without him, one man does not make a country. Its ridiculous, let the guy pass on in dignity, why throw oodles of Rand at stopping old age do what it will do to us all when many SA citizens are dying prematurely of numerous ailments.
Nelson Mandela is just a man, not a god. Plus I'm not sure he'd be proud of the political party he was once head, the ANC are mired in corruption.

Chopper1192":3jaev9dd said:
I know in his younger days he was involved in the youth military wing of the ANC, a group involved in murder and mutilation, but this is so rabid even The History Man would have trouble writing it...

A clearly anti Semitic website.

Oh, wait it is one of those New World Order / Illuminati crackpot sites!

Nuts!

I've had a look at the link. Think we can make our minds up for ourselves on the content although I'd agree with highlandflyers analysis.

As an interesting aside Henry Makow looks to have invented to board game Scruples.

Fair enough John, I have edited my post as it was a little preachy. Changed the topic as well, hopefully to something less bun fighty.

The biggest problem I have with people like Henry Makow is that in dressing up the facts to suit their own twisted view of the world they make it all to easy for others to obfuscate when presenting their own opinions...

...Mandela was a terrorist; would Bobby Sands now be awarded the same plaudits had he not had the courage of his convictions and finished what he started?

So the ANC is corrupt; no big surprise there then! Isn't that what the saying says about 'Absolute power...?'

No doubt Michael Collins and Eamon de Valera would be more than disappointed at what became of their organisation; peace at any price?

highlandsflyer":2n24g6fu said:
A clearly anti Semitic website.

Oh, wait it is one of those New World Order / Illuminati crackpot sites!

Nuts!
I'm Jewish, and If they do exist I wish the buggers would let me in on this wheeze so I can line my pockets!

As to the question of freedom fighter or terrorist, perhaps we should be asking the families of those they've murdered, most of whom had nothing whatsoever to due with the ruling white government. As a rule they weren't out assassinating cabinet members and ministers - it was more the norm that black shopkeepers who served or did business for white people got targeted. Or black bus drivers who drove white people to work murdered for refusing to strike. That's not the behaviour of freedom fighters, but the behaviour of fascists every bit as bad as the regime they wanted to overthrow.

Chopper1192":2nsxytgh said:
As to the question of freedom fighter or terrorist, perhaps we should be asking the families of those they've murdered, most of whom had nothing whatsoever to due with the ruling white government.

...at least it kept a few of us in a less mundane employment ;)

one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter, so technically both. However, I believe that history will mark him down as a freedom fighter, as the regime he opposed is considered by the vast majority to have been unjust. I watched the film Cry Freedom about Steve Biko, a contemporary of Mandela, in a cinema in Kenya when it came out, as part of the only white group there. It is a powerful film, and at the end many people came to us to shake our hands in solidarity. It was very moving.

I for one think that Mendela is a great man, who did amazing things for his country

Back