Going out on a limb here.

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have a wonderful relationship with my hubbie, 99 times out of ten all goes swimmingly and in a 21 year relationship and a 43 year friendship that's not bad in anyone's life time, the thing is when we do argue rarely it is to the extreme, I try to say " I understand where your coming from and I accept it but, only to be comforted with no acceptance from my point of view, it seams silly but tonight we were arguing, I said that someone can come from nowhere how ever rare and make it, he was convinced that anyone who makes it big has to have money and connections. I don't know where it went so dramatically wrong but I ended up physically the loser.

Can a women ever be so wrong that it becomes reasonable however rare or is the man always wrong regardless of the run up?

I feel that both can be equally wrong.

alison

I just dont argue with Woman. Spent most of my last marriage arguing, not frittering this one away on cross words. She has her point of view, I have mine, most of the time they overlap but when they dont, they don't.

Isaac_AG":3oucag4u said:
I don't know where it went so dramatically wrong but I ended up physically the loser.

I sincerely hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like.

I was a bit argumentative about what I thought and when things go this dramatically wrong I know I can be hard to argue with, I can also be very nasty although not on this occasion I think. It can be hard I think to be a man with a bloody minded wife when your a bloody minded man, I blame his mum :eek: \she canny stand me.

I'm OK I just hate such confrontations I just guess I needed support, Silly me. The thing is if your in a shit crap battle and you both think your the one in the right and you are both sure you've given the other a fair share of airtime so to speak, do you battle till kingdom come or do you eventually agree to disagree whatever your feelings and move on? Funny this is his message this morning "Remember that when I am a bit drunk I say things wrong – so be patient with me tonight…{:mad:)" which I quoted and he denied saying :roll: later he also said sorry I play the devils advocate to give you another viewpoint to deal with :shock: I think our relationship is worth the odd bruise or two. In the end I know you are really good guys looking out for each other, the Retrobike way :D and I just wanted support :oops: what do you do when both of you think passionately that your right?

Alison

Isaac_AG":gifirsty said:
I was blah b;ah .... I think our relationship is worth the odd bruise or two. In the end I know you are really good guys looking out for each other, the Retrobike way Alison

mental bruising is ok, physical not really.

oh, and to give you the answer to the argument - you are correct. someone with no money and no connections may have an inspired business idea and make it big - maybe like Richard Branson, Alan Suger, the facebook geezer, a lot of musicians. Doesn't happen often but it can. One the other hand, look at the Royal family - every privilege and limitless money availalabe so you would expect top lawyers, brain surgeons but look what we have: a jug eared gardener who talks to plants, a couple of helicopter pilots, an ionternation trade embarassment hmmmm

02gf74":kl2f1opv said:
someone with no money and no connections may have an inspired business idea and make it big - maybe like Richard Branson

Is that the Richard Branson that started out from such a humble beginning, the one that saw him educated at Stowe, one of the country's most exclusive and expensive private boarding schools?

Don't believe the hype, the image of down to earth bloke from an everyday background has been very carefully crafted. Yes, he has had an inspired business idea been very successful but no connections or money? Not quite.

Back