Whose house is their bike shed

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ours is, when my better half comes home from the LBS tonight with his newly sorted touring bike for work, I cannot do front dérailleurs for the life of me :oops: we will have three full bikes, two frames three forks and a pair of wheels in our front room :D I know some of you could fill your house from top to bottom with bikes, but I have to store and repair bikes in the house, we do the work in the living/dining room as it has laminate flooring.

Pics too if you can, I can no longer get my pics to work.

Alison

Last weekend I was forced to relocate my boxes of parts, bike tools and part built Dynatech to the shed much to my disgust as its further to the fridge from there. However .... my Scalpel stays inside in my office and my Pace is currently parked in the dining room where I hope to win (yeah right) the debate that it is art and should stay there !

We've re-roofed it many times it, just blows off the next bit of wind we get. It's now been unusable for about three of the five years we've had it on and off :( unfortunately the wood is not suitable for anything other than staples and they are too weak. It's the apex of the roof that seams to suffer the most.

Alison

I recall. You could probably pick a shed up free if you keep an eye on your local Gumtree and Freecycle. :)

Anyway, in answer to the question ours definitely is not, though in London the basement corridor is usually full of bikes, currently being renovated so they are in storage. We have a floor dedicated to 'projects', which is also my wife's workshop. Bikes living in their at the moment.

Up here I had some indoors at the last house, but every last bike, motorbike parts, 4x4 parts, etc. now live in my new workshop. until I have time to start fitting it out and then they will all get built up, put back on the vehicles they belong to which will then reside in various locations. The bikes we ride live out in the car port, and there is space enough there to do maintenance.

Speaking of leaking roofs, I have to go and look at a shed that needs a new roof!

highlandsflyer":mi2xl4pv said:
I recall. You could probably pick a shed up free if you keep an eye on your local Gumtree and Freecycle. :)

I got kicked off freecycle :oops: I made a request post for something and I hadn't offered enough stuff, I got a very cross message from the mod accusing me of abusing the system, I sent a cross message back and got banned, I never used bad language just replied in the same tone a bit, but he obviously wasn't impressed.

Alison

Back