have you ever stolen anything from work?

have you ever stolen anything from work?

• yes

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • no

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • rather not say

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
... and "anything" can be a paperclip or BIC, that does not belong to you but the firm.

When I was made redundant in 2004, the guy I worked with decided my car's boot was too empty and promptly filled it with 'stuff', a lot of 'stuff'...

When I was about to be made redundant for the second time in 2006, my team leader decided that we should post ourselves lots of 'stuff' using the firms own courier.

So, yes, I have stolen quite a bit. In my defense, the 'stuff' would have either have been left to rot in storage or ended up at a recycling centre for peanuts.

In the 1980s I found a US Department of Defense official fallout shelter sign in the basement of the newspaper i was working at. It was no longer mounted on the wall but in a pile of things so I took it home. Later someone stole it from me during a house party at my place.

How about the other way round? My company's owner came up to me and told me he could no longer afford to pay me the perk (expressway toll - 1/2 hr. vs. 1 1/4+hr. one way commute time) we had agreed to as part of my wage, This was a day before he flew off to spend 12 weeks at his condo in Cacun, so I would have to say that's tantamount to theft by employer.

FMJ":3j5kibl4 said:
How about the other way round?

Right after graduation I took a job as a cook in Sequoia National Park, the company promised that every worker who stayed past Labor Day until the hotel closed in October would get a bonus. Come October, sorry no bonus!

Prior to a party, a lad at the hospital I worked at "re-appropriated" some hypodermics & syringes, and used them to inject grapes with vodka :)

While I was working as a breakdown/recovery controller, during quiet evenings, I started reading the Ann Frank book that the boss had left in the office, I finished it at home and never returned it, then I was made redundant, then they went bust (not my fault). so no one to return it to now.

Alison

The only thing that work steals off me is time, time on my bike, time with the wife and boy, time in my kayak, drinking beer, etc etc...

Roll on retirement!!!!

Only 29 1/2 years to go. Suck it up! :?

I used to pinch one gallon drums of Evostik glue! and sell them for £50 a drum!! two a week to be precise!
I worked in a shoe factory and used the glue on a daily basis, our boss would tell us we can do overtime
and he never paid us the correct going rate so this was my 'lost' wages.

Back