Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:58 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:35 pm 
Retro Guru

Pyro Tim wrote:
I'm after one of those David!

well this was my worst ebay experience

which predates the one above and found that someone had "transferred" its identity to another vehicle :evil: and had loads of hassle before could even start resto.

Tim, I'm afraid the market's moved a bit since I got mine :D although not as much as some ebay sellers would like but if you're looking then drop me pm with email and budget / what you want etc as there's quite a lwt community and few clubs and can keep an eye out for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:32 am 
Retro Guru

I have a Mondeo manual on CD if you want a copy let me know. I have others, BMW, Mercedes, Land rover, vauxhall, saab.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:59 am 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin

integerspin wrote:
I have a Mondeo manual on CD if you want a copy let me know. I have others, BMW, Mercedes, Land rover, vauxhall, saab.

PM'd you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:19 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Not sure if this was my best as much as an odd/unexplained experience. I sold some Campagnolo kit to a guy in Australia to be sent by First Class Mail which usually takes about 10 days from the States. I got positive feedback within one day and the package had already arrived! All I can think is that it somehow got mixed up with the express mail and no one noticed? This must have been HIS best eBay experience.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:27 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I ordered a small part a few months ago, and it arrived pretty quick. Then a week later another one arrived from the same seller! I contacted him about it and offered to return the second one, but he said just to keep it - he couldn't remember if he'd posted me the item or not, so sent it again just in case! It was only worth a couple of quid so really not worth the hassle of sending back, but I thought it good of him to send another one anyway - many people would just not do anything until a buyer contacted them about not receiving anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 pm 

I sold two things once, one, a multi tooled Black and Decker drill type thing we bought from B&Q for £50 and a baby carrier that goes on your back that only cost £49. I started both at 99p as always, the multi tool type thing went for just under £70 and the carrier went for just over the same figure, I did feel a bit guilty as I had bought them at the RRP, but then the buyers had every chance to Google the items to discover their true cost, didn't they :oops:

Alison

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I bought a Surly tugnut, it arrived without the reducer washer that allows you to run it on standard QR wheels. It wasn't advertised as having the reducer and I bought it anyway as they're available to buy on their own.

A couple of weeks later, the seller got in touch to say that they'd found the reducer and they were posting it on to me. Brill.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:03 am 
Retro Guru

i bought a complete set of working disc breaks last month.....turned up without hoses....got the seller's no and called him.....he said i was out of order and was going to "come down and see if i still wanted to complain"
he never showed up!
i also won a volvo 740 for £11. the seller said he couldn't open the gate to the yard, and if i wanted to collect it...i needed to hire a crane to lift it over the fence.......they are all out there!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:37 pm 
Old School Hero

Andy sold a pair of used Doc Martens on e-bay - it took 3 weeks to get the money out of the buyer (with E-bay's involvement). I took the boots to the post office and sent them 1st class post the morning after payment was received. The cheeky fu- erm - buyer then left feedback complaining we had taken a long time to send them and that the laces were second-hand! :roll:

I know it's not the same as E-Bay, but I ordered a filing cabinet from Ryman's through Amazon at 3.30 yesterday afternoon and it arrived at 12.25 today - I didn't even pay any postage! :D