Newbie Introduction

Martin Rattler

Retro Guru
OK, I can't see where to post this but I wanted to introduce myself. I am a long time lurker and have been meaning to register for ages...and have finally got round to it.

I am a recreational (I suppose) cyclist from Kent, mainly day touring and short rides around local loops on the Kentish Weald - I don't have enough free time to do more. I have half a dozen bikes - a 1990 Raleigh Royal for touring and winter rides, an '80s Raleigh Clubman purchased from a forum member a year or so ago, a Cannondale R500 that doesn't get that much use as it is made from Aloominum toobs (actually it's a pretty good bike and I should ride it more), my favourite bitza based on an Aerospace frame with Roberts 531 road forks for which Gil M provided the decals, a Carrera MTBeater to ride to the shops in the village, and my current project based on a 1969 Pat Hanlon Criterium frame. I recently got this on the road in a pretty tatty state, the idea being to shake it down over the summer and have the frame refinished next winter - so far so good; it's a lively ride! I'll post some pics when I get organised.

I hope to be able to make a bit of a contribution to the forum, learn a bit more about 60's & '70s bikes and perhaps find some bits for future projects.

Greetings Martin, looks like your interest is in road bikes so the Retro Classic Rosd chat is your place. Love to see pix of that Pat Hanlon.

Welcome to Retro Bike

Steven

Back