Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:37 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:50 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
We_are_Stevo wrote:
Isaac_AG wrote:
We_are_Stevo wrote:
You may have had your problems but you must be pretty resilient to have got this far; sounds like your old man is a top bloke too...8)


I cannot tell you how much of a top bloke he is, if you can imagine the worst wife ever then multiply it by the nth degree I mean infinity, you won't even come near to me, really!! and he has stuck by me through thick and thin. My mother in-law through her own fault went through an 8th what we went through if not less and she is still the most resentful woman in existence, I worship my husband for having stuck with me for what I've put him through, but I still find it difficult to accept his mother mainly because she was the failure but she blames her ex hubby who has tried so hard to be supportive over 50 years only to be subjected to abuse. bloody family madness mine are no better :roll:

Alison


At least you have friends out here you can talk to who won't judge you...8)


Thanks :D I've looked for support from Retrobike and you have never failed me, yes I'm a better person because of you lot and my bikes :D and I'm so pleased to be so here and now mentally but BITD bike wise :D :D

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:57 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
I think my mind is still living in the summer of '79... :facepalm:

...which is almost a good name for a song!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:07 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:57 pm
Posts: 4074
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
We_are_Stevo wrote:
Can never understand why people who ordinarily can't stand one another feel the need to socialise just because it's someone's anniversary of something?


I second that.

Sometimes you just have to tell them how you feel about such events. My family has learned not to invite me anymore.
Luckily I don't have inlaws to keep in mind, but I'm pretty sure I can teach those real quickly too.

It's always fun to go to such dinners/parties/events and telling people why you would rather not be there. Great buzzkill for everyone. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:07 am 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
We_are_Stevo wrote:
I think my mind is still living in the summer of '79... :facepalm:

...which is almost a good name for a song!


Wasn't it in '76. the summer my neighbour was burning baby frogs on the concrete :shock: she didn't like me playing with him after.

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:32 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
My mother in law was one of the greatest friends I have ever had.

It didn't start that way, she was very upset a non believer was dragging her daughter into 'backsliding'.

She took a few years to warm to me, but once we gelled we were the best friends in the world.

It is much more important to think of yourself and your other half as a unit, everything else will fall into place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:37 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
Isaac_AG wrote:
We_are_Stevo wrote:
I think my mind is still living in the summer of '79... :facepalm:

...which is almost a good name for a song!


Wasn't it in '76. the summer my neighbour was burning baby frogs on the concrete :shock: she didn't like me playing with him after.

Alison


No, '79 for me; got the push from McDonalds for giving a mate a milkshake and only charging him for a milk ( :roll: ) so spent the summer bumming around with my friends; Friday nights upstairs at the George in Thornton Heath and most Saturday nights at the St Helier Arms, with the occasional foray to the Swan & Sugarloaf in Croydon (or even the Greyhound...) before getting disillusioned with my life and joining the Para's, much to the Warrant Officers disbelief...

...'What do you want to be a f*cking Para for? You've got O-levels!' :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:40 am 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
highlandsflyer wrote:
My mother in law was one of the greatest friends I have ever had.

It didn't start that way, she was very upset a non believer was dragging her daughter into 'backsliding'.

She took a few years to warm to me, but once we gelled we were the best friends in the world.

It is much more important to think of yourself and your other half as a unit, everything else will fall into place.


My mother in law secretly tells everyone to hate me, I took her son away to a life of love, loyalty and poverty :D not as badly off as her adoptive daughter who, from a middle class family, is like the scum of the earth gangster mob type woman who's son is in prison for smashing up a women he was robbing and his grandma, my mother in law, is trying to get off, I'd rather be loyal to the good than the bad and the ugly :roll:

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:50 am 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
We_are_Stevo wrote:
Isaac_AG wrote:
We_are_Stevo wrote:
I think my mind is still living in the summer of '79... :facepalm:

...which is almost a good name for a song!


Wasn't it in '76. the summer my neighbour was burning baby frogs on the concrete :shock: she didn't like me playing with him after.

Alison


No, '79 for me; got the push from McDonalds for giving a mate a milkshake and only charging him for a milk ( :roll: ) so spent the summer bumming around with my friends; Friday nights upstairs at the George in Thornton Heath and most Saturday nights at the St Helier Arms, with the occasional foray to the Swan & Sugarloaf in Croydon (or even the Greyhound...) before getting disillusioned with my life and joining the Para's, much to the Warrant Officers disbelief...

...'What do you want to be a f*cking Para for? You've got O-levels!' :lol:


My son got A's and B's in is GCSE's decided he wanted to be a Marine, fu**ed his A'levels and joined, MAD? he loves it, he's all over the world, please God no fighting for mothers sake :shock:

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:49 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:22 pm
Posts: 5946
Location: busy forgetting how to edge flip on a 11x11 monster cube///...
i often find that a nasty tummy virus has a propensity to help in these matters.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:01 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 pm
Posts: 2574
Location: The Cock Inn, Tillett, Herts
He's not mad Ali. He's bucking the trend of artificially stifled evolution of the human species. He craves adventure, New sights, and will for the rest of his life share the Corps de Esprit of fellow warriors, knowing he's a member of a very select band of men.

When someone at work vents their spleen me I just close my eyes and wonder what they were doing when I was getting shot at outside XMG, or when the scuds were falling on us in Riyadh. For the rest of his life he'll have a wonderful measure of what's really worth worrying about, and what sad little people use to fill their lives.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: My_Teenage_Self, rc200ti and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group