tv without the licence

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Fed up of paying for something that I don't use.
anyone successfully not pay for a tv licence and still keep up with the decent programs that are on other channels that aren't full of bollocks?

I doubt it. Half of them cant see and the other half cant remember where the remote is....

If you're blind you pay only half the licence fee unless you survive to your 75th Birthday, although the Labour party have said just last week that if they win the next general election they will abolish these concessions.

I don't know if she does now, but my sis never used to pay for a license and never got caught, me I'd never risk it, I agree though most stuff on the box is a load of bollocks.

Alison

Its the bollocks that i really want to avoid. And since it all seems to appear on the bbc, i figure why in the shitting hell should i pay for the 'privilege' of (not) watching it.

Are you suggesting the other non bbc channels are crammed with quality output?

Not sure how to circumvent L fee even with freesat etc.

I don't want to look like I'm condoning law breaking here but...

It is possible to avoid detector vans if you can find reliable internet streams of all the programs you want to watch - though they do mosltly rely on the database that you get added to whenever you buy a TV or other device (ever wonder why they ask for an address when you buy a TV?).

Assuming you have no equipment in your house that's capable of receiving a TV signal that is ;)

Detector vans work by picking up and triangulating something called "IF (Intermediate frequency) re-radiation" - basically any TV or other reciever that is switched on retransmits whatever it recieves on a slightly lower frequency.

Back