whats the best ipad/tablet ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i am seriously thinking of buying a tablet device.
i was having a play on the ipad 2 today and was seriously impressed.
love how fast it works and how good the graphics look etc.
however is there anything windows based which is just as fast ?
my budget will be around 200 quid.
so that would get me the ipad mini.
but is there an alternative which is windows based and a bit cheaper ?
the main thing for me is the how fast it works.

Picked up an as new ipad 3 retina for £ 230 just after Xmas. Can thoroughly recommend it. Can you see hw good it is as I type? :LOL:

The History Man":583xo5ib said:
Can you see hw good it is as I type?

If you buy one brand new the 'o' button works all the time, as new ones tend to have an intermittent fault, apparently.

I got an iPad 3 and a Kindle Fire HD. The Kindles a bit smaller and it isn't quite a user friendly as the Apple. On the plus side the screen is sharper and the battery life is much better. Officially you're tied to the Amazon store, but a single tweak in the setting menu and you can download android apps from anywhere. It's got better wifi range than the iPad, and streaming films and stuff on the kindle is much smoother, though you have to watch them on a smaller screen.

The Apples a little more hip to look at, the OS a little slicker, but really there's no way on God's green Earth the It's worth anywhere near double the cost of the Kindle. The Kindles the one I tend to reach for first. If speed, especially wifi and streaming speed (and range) are important then forget the Apple. The cheap and nasty Kindle HD (which I won in a raffle, already had the iPad3) kicks the iPad in the nuts and steals its lunch money in these areas.

Alternative to the Kindle is the Nexus 7 / 10 range, the spec is better, but new 7 is soon to be released.
Samsungs are probably as good.

As for Windows8 based. There are plenty, but not in the tablet size just yet.
(ranadom targeted search http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-wi ... end-220420)

What size are you looking at, that the first decider.

But for Windows 8 based in compact laptop sizes, you have all the power you can want, money will stop you
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/wind ... nvertibles

Back