Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:29 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:54 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
I don't know about everyone else, but the video adverts recently added to the top right hand side of the screen are really upsetting my poor old Mac G5 computer.

My machine struggles a bit with certain types of video, and so since the adverts have been added I am constantly waiting for the machine to catch up. This is made worse by the fact that I am not the type of person who is going to buy a laxative, washing powder, air freshener, or who gives a flying duck about what the back of my heels look like.

So until I can find the best part of a grand for a new computer, I think I will be visiting the site a lot less.

Sorry, sounding a bit like Washinmachinerant, but those ads are really driving me nuts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:01 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 pm
Posts: 938
i dont have any ads?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:05 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
Lucky you.

I'll go and look in my control panel to see if I can kill them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:10 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
SWEET, I hadn't realised there was an option to kill off the side bar.

That's more like it. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: Runcorn, cheshire.
although lately i have seen some really cool furniture i'd like to buy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:31 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
I'm free of it now, free I tell you, FREEEEEEE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 7:25 pm
Posts: 4977
Location: Edinburgh
If you use Safari add the Adblocker plug in. It gets rid of all adverts on forums including the ones at the top of pages.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:54 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 8479
Location: Fircombe.
NeilM wrote:
Lucky you.

I'll go and look in my control panel to see if I can kill them.


You can get rid of them, but they'll still be there if you don't log in.
They're worth keeping though, just for the T shirt girl...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:14 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 4211
Location: London for my sin's
suburbanreuben wrote:
NeilM wrote:
Lucky you.

I'll go and look in my control panel to see if I can kill them.


You can get rid of them, but they'll still be there if you don't log in.
They're worth keeping though, just for the T shirt girl...



She made me buy 6 teeshirts!

so it kinda works (granted i did need new tee shirts... specifically ones not supplied free or redeemed fo X number of beer labels/caps :oops: )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:18 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 16922
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
NeilM wrote:
I don't know about everyone else, but the video adverts recently added to the top right hand side of the screen are really upsetting my poor old Mac G5 computer.

My machine struggles a bit with certain types of video, and so since the adverts have been added I am constantly waiting for the machine to catch up. This is made worse by the fact that I am not the type of person who is going to buy a laxative, washing powder, air freshener, or who gives a flying duck about what the back of my heels look like.

So until I can find the best part of a grand for a new computer, I think I will be visiting the site a lot less.

Sorry, sounding a bit like Washinmachinerant, but those ads are really driving me nuts.


Toys back in pram then? :lol: nice day out today.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mattr, My_Teenage_Self, old_coyote_pedaller and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group