strange feelings

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I keep having strange feelings, something like guilt or I've done something wrong, very wrong. I often get strange feelings/emotions when I get migraines but this is when not I'll. I wonder why this keeps happening, do I have some deep hidden guilt?

Does anyone else get strange unexplained feelings

Plenty of them. I am lucky in that I have spent many years in counselling. I tend to feel fine about having unexplained feelings. Perfectly natural. If everything was so obvious and simple we would have little to make us interesting.

I you are troubled by them, perhaps you should be discussing them with a professional. Your GP may be able to refer you.

Meanwhile I would underline it is perfectly normal to have all sorts of emotions and such that don't seem normal. Ironic.

I've spent years in counselling, psychology, psychotherapy, CBT and had my very own psychiatrist, still as mad as a box of frogs, but I've learned to live with it to some degree :D

They've never managed to get inside my head and sort me out though.

Alison

highlandsflyer":aijvmnuc said:
Well, without wishing to sound patronising, the idea is enabling YOU to get inside YOUR head.

Well that didn't happen either. I was very disillusioned by the whole idea of talk therapy, you talk to these people for an hour every week, and they grunt and say "mmmm" and "how did that make you feel" and "oh really" and then then you go home thinking well what has that achieved :roll: I find the anti-psychotics, the diazepam and the antidepressants did a better job.

Anyway, I think I was probably a very bad shrew in a previous life and the guilt from then is piercing my conciousness :)

Alison

ooooh karma.... I like Karma, dibs on the low self worth if and when you plan to split your personality

DrJo":116b22j1 said:
ooooh karma.... I like Karma, dibs on the low self worth if and when you plan to split your personality

And there's also the violin backing track to my own self pity going, now that's well worth a punt :D

Alison

I get compulsions to hurt people, usually an almost over.riding urge to punch someone in the face. Even normal.folk, like someone just chatting at the shop. Never given in to the urge but it is disturbing and I have counselling for it. Just off out now in fact.

If it gets very strong go see your GP, might be some kind of chemical imbalance rather than just thoughts bubbling up from some hidden guilt thingy

Isaac_AG":29a6ihz2 said:
I keep having strange feelings, something like guilt or I've done something wrong, very wrong. I often get strange feelings/emotions when I get migraines but this is when not I'll. I wonder why this keeps happening, do I have some deep hidden guilt?

Does anyone else get strange unexplained feelings
That'll be your inner Catholic. It is safe to ignore it, though it never goes away. If you can't ignore it, councelling and /or talking it over with somebody over a pint or two helps.

Back