PSA re Shiny Bikes - RESOLUTION p4

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Helping a friend with a road build, on 12th May 2013 I ordered a Sram Rival groupset online. Payment was immediately processed.

Having not heard or received anything I followed it up with an e-mail 10 days later asking for an update. No response so two days later I gave a call. response was "we've replied to your e-mail (note - they didn't), expecting the chainset tomorrow then we'll get it out to you". Reassured, I waited.

Again, nothing received so followed up with an e-mail asking for an update. No response in a couple of days so gave a call (we're now 20 days in) which went something like:

Me - I'm following up my order

Them - yes, we spoke last week, we are still waiting for the chainset.

Me - ok, but it would have helped if you'd responded to my two e-mails.

Them - well, I'm telling you now aren't I.

Me - yes you are, but only because I have contacted you.

Them - we'll receive the chainset tomorrow and it'll be with you by Monday.

Me - great, can you confirm via e-mail that it's on it's way please.

Them - it'll be with you by Monday.

Me - I understand but I'd really appreciate you e-mailing me to let me know it's on it's way.

Them - ok.

I think where this is going - no e-mail, nothing received on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. So i contacted them again and asked for an update by 5 p.m. today. Nothing again which, by this stage wasn't a surprise.

I'm not sure if I'm being unreasonable but, 25 days after the order was placed and payment taken, I have received nothing and despite contacting on 5 occasions (3 e-mails, 2 phone calls) I have received no updates or expected delivery. Clearly every company can't be CRC/Wiggle but this seems too long.

Any thoughts from the Retrobike massive of how to proceed?

Re: Non-delivery from an online shop - thoughts?

FluffyChicken":28qlmpoo said:
cancel order and get money back. then name and shame.
Doesn't sound good, as FC said and avoid in future.

If you paid by credit card get in touch with your card company asap to give yourself some protection. They'll probably just go ahead and reverse the transaction rather than wait for your bunch of clowns to issue a refund.

Thanks chaps, paid by regular Paypal so have opened a dispute - we'll see how they like those apples.

ededwards":32os5frg said:
Thanks chaps, paid by regular Paypal so have opened a dispute - we'll see how they like those apples.

If it's paypal that's linked to your credit/debit card rather than paid by balance or linked to your bank account then still worth getting in touch with your card company. They should offer you more protection than paychum.

please tell me the shop is not in northwich and does not have the letters DH in it

Charlieboy28":3onens7a said:
please tell me the shop is not in northwich and does not have the letters DH in it

No, it's not that one.

Back