Think I know the answer....It's La Belgique!

azaro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Got the second week of June off and have a couple of options (both with Mrs A!):

1. Few days in Bruges, but driving over and taking in some of the battlefields, as well as several bars selling a variety of interesting (and strong!) Belgian beers

2. Trip up to Scotland, rack on the back with a couple of citrus steeds strapped on, probably to Islay, given its numerous wonderful distilleries!

Hmmm.

Do we put this one to the vote?

Re: Think I know the answer....

Both excellent options

BUT seeing as this is a cycling site I think option 2 will out :D ;)

Go to Islay and then go across to Jura. Lovely place to cycle and huge amounts of deer wandering around. Proper big red deer.

Scotlands also got a lot of types of beer though not anywhere near as much as Belgium. However your liver would still give out trying to drink them all in under a fortnight plus you get pints not tumblers with loads of foam :roll:

Took the bikes over to Ardenne on back of VW golf one summer with a couple of mates for some cycling, stopped off in Bruge. Both activities well worth while. The thought of the bar owner where we stopped for lunch one day (while on bikes) shaking his head at our drinks order muttering that they were evening beers still makes me laugh.............well at 12% he was probably right.

isn't there a museum dedicated to the 'tour of flanders' in or near bruges?. gotta be worth spending an hour or two oogling sweet retro roadbikes alongside the beers!

Back