The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Spent the day today at the inlaws who are in their late 70s and was offered a few bits and bobs as they'd been clearing out the loft. One item was a large peli flight case which to my astonishment contained full hazmat outfits/kits for them both inc 20 masks with valves etc. They explained that a few years ago they had been aware of germ attacks and had taken precautions. This would have been when they were living in that hotbed of extremism that is Stourbridge! Case alone retails for a couple of hundred quid so who knows what they paid for the get ups as well. Can just see them popping off to Waitrose suited up!

Anyway, anybody been given anything equally odd by their oldies?

All well and good do an hour or so worth of protection, but when it's time to change suits do they have spares or even know how to change without contaminating themselves?

I do have some sympathy with their thinking. Years ago I was convinced the millennium bug was the end of mankind. I had food, fuel, water, weapons, radio equipment, medical gear etc all stockpiled and was extremely disappointed when the end of
Civilisation failed to arrive and I wasn't declared king. Sheet, I'm still eating the tinned food today...

Chopper1192":pu3dk4lo said:
All well and good do an hour or so worth of protection, but when it's time to change suits do they have spares or even know how to change without contaminating themselves?

I do have some sympathy with their thinking. Years ago I was convinced the millennium bug was the end of mankind. I had food, fuel, water, weapons, radio equipment, medical gear etc all stockpiled and was extremely disappointed when the end of
Civilisation failed to arrive and I wasn't declared king. Sheet, I'm still eating the tinned food today...

Fool! (Actually I too spent at least three years eating cheap stockpiled pasta and rice! I even went to a new year party that year driving a car that doesn't boast even one computer chip.

Paranoid people unite!)

This stuff must only be a few years old judging by the case. Will be good for decorating or masks for sanding on my lathe.

A very random gift though. Case is lovely peli im2720 still with labels on!

Or should I keep intact and stock up? :idea:

mehh......germ warfare/nerve gas is so RetroTHREAT......may as well ditch all that stuff and get a decent stout hatchet and riot shield for the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse. :p

What should I keep in an airtight watertight case to make best use of it?

Other an a corpse? :LOL:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 364
My grandma kept a stock pile of cans just in case, a cupboard full of them, it was a big cupboard too from the 50' and 60's and beyond, although when she died there was £7000 of pension money in her bag because they just used my granddads and she kept collecting hers, god knows if she had been mugged in the street :shock:

Alison

Back