Signatures

Raging_Bulls

Sbike Fan
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Despite having had a 5-line rule for years now, we've never been very strict on signatures. 6, 7 or even 8 lines wasn't even frowned upon.
However lately some people have let them grow to 10, 15 and in some cases even 20+ lines.
Needless to say, that's way over the top. We understand the need to list your bikes, but you can do that horizontally too.

We can't keep sending PMs whenever we see such things, so from now on only the first 6 lines of a signature will be displayed.

Is that why all the links I'd put in my sig to previous builds, despite keeping them small and horizontal have disappeared?....very annoying if that's the case given the amount of time and effort that went into it so other members (and myself) can views builds of interest. :?

Yes it is. Empty lines count too.

The text is still in your profile and hence it should still be in your User CP.
Remove the open lines and you should be close to seeing everything once again. You may need to move the Beez Neez to the "in the cave" section and move things around a bit, but it's doable.

As much as we hate to force these things onto people, sometimes it's necessary.
Some had half a screen worth of signature, and I'm running full HD here. On a netbook it would be an entire screen.

Stumpjumper1990 has 25 specialized bikes in his sig, and he doesn't have a problem.

What matters is how many lines you actually start. I'll stick to Stumpjumper1990 for reference. He has entered all his Specializeds as if it were one line, and the forum automatically wraps the words depending on your resolution. On a full HD screen his list of Specializeds is 2 lines long, on my netbook it's 7.
And he has 3 more lines below that. An empty one, a title and a list of his non-Specialized bikes.

Ergo : If he were to have a hundred more bikes, he could simply add them to his current sig. Well ... assuming he could list them in 5000 characters or less. So with that amount of bikes, linking to build threads is not an option anymore.

Even with 6 lines, there's plenty of room. People will just need to learn how to use it effectively.

Raging_Bulls":yu2lbheq said:
Yes it is. Empty lines count too.

The text is still in your profile and hence it should still be in your User CP.
Remove the open lines and you should be close to seeing everything once again. You may need to move the Beez Neez to the "in the cave" section and move things around a bit, but it's doable.

As much as we hate to force these things onto people, sometimes it's necessary.
Some had half a screen worth of signature, and I'm running full HD here. On a netbook it would be an entire screen.

Thanks for the info....I'll give it a go! :)

Cheers

At last, shame you have to include whitespace though. I guess mine will cut the forum retrobike ride adverts out but I use mobile most the time so not checked or noticed. I'll switch to see.

Back