This week I'll mostly be...

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Buying branded products from the supermarket, it does cost a lot but I feel safer doing so. Last week, I have Tesco deliver, I ordered Tesco everyday value digestives for my daughter to make cheesecake at school, I ate some of the rest, they weren't half bad :shock: I wonder what else that is not branded but is still edible, I know dirt cheap paster is awful.

Do you find that shops own is OK, and what about their real bargain ranges?

Alison

Shops own is fine for most things, I buy nearly all supermarket brand things aside from a few bits. Invariably made in the same factories as branded stuff in a lot of cases! There is an exception though - loo roll. The cheaper stuff is awful. Nothing worse than a brown digit because the sheets have split!

Their super budget ranges can be a bit hit and miss though, I think.

I'm quite a fan of supermarket own brands, it must be the Yorkshireman in me , but 500g of tesco everyday value cornflakes for 31p makes them taste far nicer than Kellogg's at 9 times that price.

JeRkY":rpq88v87 said:
I'm quite a fan of supermarket own brands, it must be the Yorkshireman in me , but 500g of tesco everyday value cornflakes for 31p makes them taste far nicer than Kellogg's at 9 times that price.

I'm not sure I'd get the everyday value cornflakes perhaps the ones above, but spurred on by the digestive biscuits, I thought I'd get some more, I must have clicked for the chocky biscuits as the shopping has just been delivered and that's what I got everyday value milk chocolate digestives and they taste pretty good :) I also accepted the replacement nanns and they are everyday value ones, so I'll see how they go, might remove them from the packaging so there is no pre consumption expectations. I did send back the cheap butter though, not sure about that.

Alison

Farm foods do Champion butter 1lb blocks 3 for £5 and my mum who has been a loyal Anchor buyer for years actually preferred it to Anchor :shock: :shock:

Can't say much about Toscos as I mainly buy from Morrisons and I find their own brand just as good as branded items :D

kermitgreenkona88":18n1gymo said:
Farm foods do Champion butter 1lb blocks 3 for £5 and my mum who has been a loyal Anchor buyer for years actually preferred it to Anchor :shock: :shock:

Can't say much about Toscos as I mainly buy from Morrisons and I find their own brand just as good as branded items :D

Wow that's a lot of butter for the price, is it blended butter? I used to shop at Morrison's but we got fed up of the whole day, Saturday,being spent getting to the shop, buying the stuff and getting home so we decided to have it delivered.

Alison

It says 'PURE IRISH CREAMERY BUTTER' on the pack so I guess it is not blended also comes in unsalted too ;)

Have you seen that Morrisons are going to be doing online shopping soon :?: ;) :D

That would be good, I think they need to to compete.

I like my butter salted, I'll have to look into it, with a family of five at home a lot of butter get's consumed, kids like to bake :D

Alison

Back