Is there any point to bloomin house plants :)

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My mother in law came to stay for a while, and while she was here she inundated us with house plants, spider plants and Christmas cactuses plus another I don't know that has little white flowers on it. I just don't see the point in them, they just sit there shedding bits all over the floor and never look attractive. I hate them and would happily put the retched things in the bin :twisted: but my husband insists on keeping them and tending to them even though until SHE came we never had them or wanted them.

Grrrrr, Moan over

Alison

If house plants think then perchance they wonder whats the point of humans, imprisoning us indoor with inadequate water, food and light. People who like plants which are a form of living thing will feel a duty of care toward them. Your hubby now feels said duty and he cant murder them. I dont have houseplants because if they dont move and attract my attention like my cat I forget they're there plus of course the stupid cat would eat them and throw up everywhere :facepalm:

Love my houseplants..... make the place feel warm, comfortable, eniting and relaxing

I love the colour that reflects through the rooms when the sun is out and shinning off the plants
Ive got:

Roses,
30year old money plant,
Tea
Coffee (yes, really, both from the Eden Project)
Mint
Basil
Cactus (of some sort, rescued from the compost outside)
10year old Yuka
Flaming Katy
African Voilets

unkleGsif":vcv4f5f5 said:
Love my houseplants..... make the place feel warm, comfortable, eniting and relaxing

I love the colour that reflects through the rooms when the sun is out and shinning off the plants
Ive got:

Roses,
30year old money plant,
Tea
Coffee (yes, really, both from the Eden Project)
Mint
Basil
Cactus (of some sort, rescued from the compost outside)
10year old Yuka
Flaming Katy
African Voilets

I for many of my years, well most of them 46 to be exact, was an untidy person and hated having to do any housework, and yet hated the tip the house got into, once chatting to my GP I said "I'd love to wake up one day and be a tidy person", she responded with, "Well that is never going to happen is it", but it did, I really did wake up one day and was a tidy person, literally overnight. I scrubbed the place clean and now hate any mess, and plants just cause so much mess, their flowers stick to the windows and walls and they shed bits all over my nice clean floors. Warm coloured paint makes my house warm, comfortable, inviting and relaxing :)

Alison

Isaac_AG":cawwjyv1 said:
I for many of my years, well most of them 46 to be exact, was an untidy person and hated having to do any housework, and yet hated the tip the house got into, once chatting to my GP I said "I'd love to wake up one day and be a tidy person", she responded with, "Well that is never going to happen is it", but it did, I really did wake up one day and was a tidy person, literally overnight. I scrubbed the place clean and now hate any mess, and plants just cause so much mess, their flowers stick to the windows and walls and they shed bits all over my nice clean floors. Warm coloured paint makes my house warm, comfortable, inviting and relaxing :)

Alison

Simples, wake up a messy person one day.

i believe in fixies":k5f848oh said:
Isaac_AG":k5f848oh said:

Alison

Simples, wake up a messy person one day.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No, my children love the new me, I couldn't disappoint them now :)

Alison

I love having plants in the house, I always think that a house without plants feels dead and sterile.
My favourite is our Clivia, which my wife was given by her first mother-in-law, and which didn't flower for years and years. However, after a bit more care and attention, it now flowers every spring - I think it's beautiful and it must be forty years old at least.
I'll try and find a photograph of it.

Andy R":1h0dxs6j said:
I love having plants in the house, I always think that a house without plants feels dead and sterile.
My favourite is our Clivia, which my wife was given by her first mother-in-law, and which didn't flower for years and years. However, after a bit more care and attention, it now flowers every spring - I think it's beautiful and it must be forty years old at least.
I'll try and find a photograph of it.

I think what makes a house look sterile is minimalism and not having a bike in every room :D

Alison

velomaniac":f933wb9i said:
If house plants think then perchance they wonder whats the point of humans, imprisoning us indoor with inadequate water, food and light. People who like plants which are a form of living thing will feel a duty of care toward them. Your hubby now feels said duty and he cant murder them. I dont have houseplants because if they dont move and attract my attention like my cat I forget they're there plus of course the stupid cat would eat them and throw up everywhere :facepalm:

various lilys can kill a cat very quickly, all it takes it a little pollen on the fur to be licked off and it will cause kidney failure
if you have cats be careful of what flowers are in the house

Back