Capital punishment

dan smith

Retro Guru
This maybe pushing the boundary of a bike forum however what are your views on capital punishment?

Given the hideous act carried out today, what should be done with people who behave in such a manner?

Should we realistically keep people like this in prison for the rest of their life?

Motives aside should crimes like this carry the death penalty?

I'm for pitchforks, blazing torches, baying mobs and Running the Gaunlet. Brings communities together with shared activities. Very low recidivism rate.

Very low indeed.

A third of murderers murder again upon release. A ninth murder again twice.

Surely that's a pretty good case for keeping them locked up for the rest of their natural in order to protect our innocent citizenry. Where's the justice in a system that allows convicts killers out in public to kill again, all in the name of the offenders 'human rights'?

My biggest issue with the whole death penalty thing is the appeals system. If you look at the U.S. , people spend decades on 'death row'. Where it is proven beyond reasonable doubt, why can they not just be taken down and put down.

The cost of preserving these people far outweighs the benefits.

Funny , I was discussing last night with my cousin (met)about gun control and knife crime how weak we are with sentencing. When someone is sentenced to a period inside, why is it halved with flood behaviour rather than extended for bad.

Tangent.

If it's absolutely beyond reasonable doubt that the accused person is the killer and especially in cases involving children I would have absolutely no qualms should the death penalty ever be reintroduced...

If there is any possibility of doubt then the convicted murderer should spend the rest of their natural life in prison but without the luxuries afforded to long-term prisoners at present.

The above would probably require us to pull out of the EU human rights legislation though...

Back