Site Search / View New Posts issue

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This seems to be cropping up again and again. And again.

Basically when the retrobike server is being heavily loaded site search (which also includes the 'view new posts' and ego search features) is disabled.

Basically we need a bigger boat and I'm currently considering the best way forward. In the interim I've made and am looking at various interim updates which will allow all the site features to be available all the time.

Made another change today which I'm hoping has made things a little better. Has anyone noted site search be unavailable? The flip of this change is sadly a slight performance hit on page load times although I've not noticed anything in particular.

Don't forget the google search function will remain available regardless > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/search

jonnyboy666":2irv9zud said:
was a real pain last night, has been ok today though so far :)

Same here, Locked out of function all last night .... No problems so far tonight :D

I was locked out of search earlier today, I think that was before you post.

Does the standard skin with the new post etc on the right cause increased search load ? (just a thought)

FluffyChicken":ra0djtfc said:
I was locked out of search earlier today, I think that was before you post.

Does the standard skin with the new post etc on the right cause increased search load ? (just a thought)

Made the change mid morning yesterday, so maybe or maybe not.

Either way sounds like most are not having any issues. As ever please report if you notice problems.

Have people noticed any performance dip?

The new skin probably doesn't help, simply because it has more elements. However the searches are cached and don't add a significant load. The change to the new forum software along with continued traffic growth are the main factors.

Hi John, I've had issues this morning, and last night regarding "view new posts". Less so this morning though

Back