Advice on attire please - leggings/tights/bikesters etc?

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all, thanks to very helpful bunch on here just bought first padded Lycra under shorts. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=255127

Went out this morning wearing them under old tracky bottoms and after an hour completely overheated. Had to stop. We're fine in cold weather. So now wondering what to get in full length padded thingies that seem to be described in lots of different ways. Leggings, tights, training pants etc. looking for cheap and simple as a first pair or should I get something to go over undershorts? E.g. Ron hill tracksters?

Must be full length xl for health reasons. I also have to wear full arm cover so getting warm will be an issue come summer if we have one but can't do anything about that.

Please could you recommended some suitable attire? Liking idea padded ones rather than over trousers. But what should I search for. Don't want bibs.

As always I appreciate the sound advice given. Treat me as a complete newbie please. Worked last time and got a great result!

Thanks THM

Thanks but had big 'C' a few years ago and now have to completely cover up. Hence undershorts and track suit. Now looking for decent 'leggings' not super cheap but not premium either if you get my drift.

Have also considered riding in a kepi!

Chopper1192":1nz4xe3v said:
Sounds like a job for the semi loose fitting Ronhill leggings.

What about Ron hill bikesters? Any experience of them or should I just get longer proper cycle shorts. Trying to avoid doubling up on layers. What should I search for? Trousers? Leggings? Tights? And what's he difference? Very confusing to the first time buyer.

I got a set of the Ronhill jobs but don't know what they're called. They're like normal cycling rights, but not quite so, er, tight. They're thicker than normal, almost wooly to the touch, sorry out quickly and are lovely in the cold weather. Had mine years and they've taken some serious punishment.

What do you suggest for warmer weather? But of a minefield what with different names for what appear to be similar style/use full length things.

Most full length are designed for winter, avoid anything with thermal or fleece in the description. Perhaps try triathalon gear, sometimes they have to wear full cover for cold swims, then cycle and run, Chain reaction do a brand called skins & 2XU another I know of is Orca.

Why not consider some enduran full length trousers with the click in liner and couple it with a loose downhill jersey? My endura shorts are pretty light and the liner is comfy enough and a lot of downhill tips are cut to fit over armour so may give to the coverage with a but of breeze underneath.

As you have mentioned this is to stick two fingers up to a certain condition so the cost though small shouldn't come I to it. :cool:

Back