Where do you work on your bike(s)?

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
We have had shed and garage pics, let us have a pic of the environment you work on your bikes in.

I always did my best work out in the garden, but as I have got older a little comfort and security have become important.

My new workshop is primarily for motorbikes but there will be a bicycle work stand in the corner.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_9014 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_9014 - Copy.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 595
I am NOT a lucky sod! I have a thousand tonnes of crap to sort and recycle before I can turn this space to my use!

My involvement with local charities means that I use very little of the space I have, and this is family owned but I still need to pay rates and all of that.

I will be welding frames here within the year though, and hopefully allowing locals to have a go at the same, as well as firing in a large kiln.

highlandsflyer":25dh9wri said:
I am NOT a lucky sod! I have a thousand tonnes of crap to sort and recycle before I can turn this space to my use!

My involvement with local charities means that I use very little of the space I have, and this is family owned but I still need to pay rates and all of that.

I will be welding frames here within the year though, and hopefully allowing locals to have a go at the same, as well as firing in a large kiln.

You bloody are a lucky sod! I've got 3 bikes rammed into my tiny flat and have the choice to make between getting out the front door or being able to shut my bedroom door as the hall is shorter than a bike. And I need to keep one in in my living room. I'd be happy to sort out some stuff to make space but the option isn't there.

Be a nice set up when you've got it done though.

:LOL: Lucky to have such a large 'workshop' I only have a 'shed' :LOL:

Nice idea for a thread though. Workshops.

Yeah, I live in an upstairs apartment, but I have a large deck along one side-some pics...

Attachments

• Shining like a Jewel.jpg
    Shining like a Jewel.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 565
  • On my Deck.jpg
    On my Deck.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 565
Ours is all done in the living room/dining room, it has laminated flooring and we just put an old duvet cover down to protect it, used to be the shed but the felt roof came off and we tried to put new stuff on but that came off in the next wind. The staples that held it on just aren't strong enough, our neighbour did have a go at nailing it on but said the wood could not take nails. We spent over £2000 on that bloomin shed, and we cannot use it :(

Whine over :oops:

Alison

I have a huge kitchen with an easily-cleaned quarry tile floor, just the job for working on bikes when the weather is none too sparkling - this also means tea & coffee facilities are on hand too! :)

As I live on my own I don't receive any ear-bashing about leaving bits of bikes strewn over the place, either.

David

So far Pat is winning in the desirability stakes!

I concur with David B about the kitchen. When I was a nipper I spent many happy hours in the kitchen with my grandfather, tearing down the toaster or rebuilding it. He taught me to always wipe some grease from your brow over the chrome after operating.

In the hotel we had a 'drying' room, ostensibly for laundry but I had my stick insects and wine making in there, and often a kayak I had broken surfing.

My student days had me unpopular for constantly using the shower room to wash down my bike and occasionally the motorbikes!

Most impromptu bike work is done in the hill of course!

Back