Ever had anything thrown at you whilst cycling?

grumpycommuter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Another to put on the list :roll:

Riding along the Witherley Rd into Atherstone tonight and a thoroughly unpleasant scrote in a car overtakes and throws an empty plastic coke bottle at me!

I though about chasing them but if they are dumb enough to pull this sort of stunt what else might they do?

I'm just hoping the karmic balance will one day be restored....

Yep, same sort of stuff, plastic bottles, rolled up paper bags etc.

Luckily no eggs yet.

grumpycommuter":25u2yzij said:
Another to put on the list :roll:

Riding along the Witherley Rd into Atherstone tonight and a thoroughly unpleasant scrote in a car overtakes and throws an empty plastic coke bottle at me!

I though about chasing them but if they are dumb enough to pull this sort of stunt what else might they do?

I'm just hoping the karmic balance will one day be restored....

Thats crap Carl . :cry:

I am sure someone on here had similar not that long ago .... Not surprised either with the ever increasing idiots we seem to have these days.

Whilst nothing's been thrown a head stubbled fellow shouted out 'f@@king cyclists' as he drove past up Ditchling Beacon - about the worst I've had touch wood.

Not much you can say really...i was a bit suprised at my reaction which was 'oh well'. Tells me more about modern society than i care to think about.

not on a bike but on my motorbike a while ago a guy chucked his cigarette out the window, hit me right in the centre of my visor, we were in a 30 limit which is a speed that the visor can be up, luckily i had it down otherwise i would have had a still lit cigarette in the eyes.

i have been shouted at several times over the years, i've never felt any were justified, on the rare occasions when i have knowingly made a mistake i have always put my hand up as an apology, i have successfully chased down 3 idiots in my time though and given them some stick, all crapped themselves :LOL: not that i advocate doing so, most of the time i shrug it off as people being dumb.

Back