now its old ken barlow

Chute55uk

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
glad I wasnt around then, anyone who appeared on telly in the 60,s must be papping it :shock:

Blindingsun":1dzwhktd said:
Bruce Forsyth is next I tell thee!

Bruce who is married to a former Miss World who works with children in the third world??

I'm hoping for Noel Edmunds.

As in another thread on this subject, I think it is wrong to speculate on who one thinks might next be charged, it is unfair to suggest people are guilty of such an offences without proof.

Alison

Isaac_AG":2ozcu89s said:
As in another thread on this subject, I think it is wrong to speculate on who one thinks might next be charged, it is unfair to suggest people are guilty of such an offences without proof.

Alison

And to me it begs the question - why are all these "victims" only now making their allegations after several decades of doing nothing?
Surely it's impossible to prove (or just as importantly, disprove) rape after forty years......
You would think that some sort of Statute of Limitations should apply - if someone believes that they've been a victim of some kind of criminal behaviour then why not complain in a slightly more timely manner rather than waiting 45 years?

A week ago I narrowly avoided a head on collision with a BMW which was overtaking a line of four cars around the outside of a blind bend. We all got away with it by a matter of inches. Now, if I'd got his reg. number (which I didn't) do I report it immediately or wait another twenty years?
Same for everything in my opinion.

Andy R":3uxf6zud said:
Isaac_AG":3uxf6zud said:

Alison

And to me it begs the question - why are all these "victims" only now making their allegations after several decades of doing nothing?
Surely it's impossible to prove (or just as importantly, disprove) rape after forty years......
You would think that some sort of Statute of Limitations should apply - if someone believes that they've been a victim of some kind of criminal behaviour then why not complain in a slightly more timely manner rather than waiting 45 years?

A week ago I narrowly avoided a head on collision with a BMW which was overtaking a line of four cars around the outside of a blind bend. We all got away with it by a matter of inches. Now, if I'd got his reg. number (which I didn't) do I report it immediately or wait another twenty years?
Same for everything in my opinion.

I can see where your coming from but a near miss in your car is not going to stay with you for long, you'll have forgotten it in a week. But rape and sexual abuse victims carry that for the rest of their lives often having the same distressed feelings about it 20. 30, 50 years and more after the incident as they felt at the time. when people commit these crimes they often convince the victim that if they told anyone they will never be believed so they keep quiet and suffer great torment in silence. In cases of rape and sexual abuse, victims need some kind of closure to help in recovery such as the guilty party going to prison for their crimes. Perhaps this person as a 15 year old was told she would never be believed because of the position he held and so she kept silent, but with so many stories about Savile being believed she felt now someone would accept her story finally and she could get the closure she needs. If a person murdered someone 45 years ago it is quite accepted that they should still face trial for closure for the victims family and to bring justice to the murderer, so why should victims of rape and sexual abuse also not get that right.

Sorry but I had something happen to me many, many years ago and it is still as raw and painful as it was then, I would happily torture that person in many evil ways.

Alison

trouble is, is sorting the wheat from the chaff. many of these have been reported then arrested and subsequently released. stemming from the original saville thing how many have been charged, tried and convicted? Im with andy_r if you want something to happen you need to report it or what is the point in reporting it 45 years later? there will be little chance of closure as it would be so hard to get a conviction it would have the opposite effect of making it seem the perpertrator has got away with it.

:shock: well i take that back, stuart hall pleaded guilty to 13 counts of being a nonce in the 60's

Back