I need your help......

maverick

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Help Me please.

I am doing a bike ride on the 9th May from Solihull to Paris, feel free to sponsor if you want but this message is not about cash.

We need to be able to programme 5 sat navs with a very specific route that has been set out has anyone got any ideas on how we can programme a sat nav with a specific route?

Does anyone out there in retrobike land have one that they can lend to me for 5 days to complete this self organised charity ride, I am running out of options here people.

Thanks guys. Mark.

you'll be wanting one of those garmin (810?) things I believe, you can download a planned route onto them for turn by turn mapping. Otherwise surely there's an App/piece of software that enables you to use a smart phone as a programmable sat nav?

P.s. I haven't got a clue about tech and the above maybe be utter rubbish. :mrgreen:

Sorry guys I should have made it clear. I need sat-navs that we can use in vehicles not bike ones, although I do need 1 motorbike one for our safety bike. We have 24 riders cycling 400 miles in 4 days with 4 support vehicles and a safety bike.

Thanks, Mark.

Don't most modern satnav's have some form of "waypoints" system? - I know the TomTom's have it but I'm not sure how many waypoints you can set up on them (I believe some only allow one at a time so you'd have to tell it the next one as you pass each one).

I found this if it helps?

'Elysarian' thanks for your link, I will try a Tom-Tom to see how many waypoints i can set, the issue is that day one is 67 way points, day 2 is 148 way points, days 3 and 4 are 70 each. I might have my work cut out!

I have just downloaded 'Viewranger GPS' on my phone, has anyone used it?

Latest posts

Back